Senior IT Project Manager
Summary of the Position
The Sr. IT Project Manager at Bentley will manage various enterprise-wide strategic and departmental projects across all IT functions (administrative, academic, infrastructure, and client services) as prioritized by IT governance and the Project Management Office. This includes managing projects from project definition or RFP through post implementation, developing business process flows, developing project charters, creating project plans, implementing projects, and participating in the testing, training and rollout of new technology. Project Managers will work with Directors, PMO leadership, architects, departmental managers, technical teams, business owners, executive sponsors, and technology users during the project life cycle.
• Work with Information Technology and departmental project teams to implement or upgrade business processes and technology at Bentley based on PMO project management guidelines and best practices.
• Develop project goals charters in partnership with IT and business users.
• Gather customer requirements through client meetings, monitoring customer feedback, and by participating in technical demonstrations and requirements workshops.
• Use best practices and tools to document and review business processes.
• Develop and maintain project risk management and mitigation plans. Develop project plans, budgets, and schedules.
• Lead project team meetings, coordinate and communicate plans to technical and business members, and project stakeholders.
• Develop status reports and facilitate status meetings with users and management and ensure completeness and quality of project deliverables.
• Identify, communicate, escalate, and resolve project issues when appropriate.
• Develop technical proficiency in new applications and technologies where appropriate in order to assist in decision making and configuration.
• Develop test plans and strategies where appropriate.
• Manage project change and control processes throughout the project lifecycle.
• Lead all aspects of project closure, and lessons learned.
Minimum Qualifications(Education and Experience Requirements)
Bachelor's degree. Five to seven years IT experience of which three or more years are project management oriented. Experience successfully managing multiple network and systems projects. Strong project management and analytical skills, including the ability to abstract key trends and issues from complex, detailed information. Experience working with Agile project methodologies and/or with Dev/Ops teams. Experience in the business analyst role and business process analysis methodologies and tools. Hands-on approach to managing complex projects simultaneously. Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to translate complex technology into business terms that high level, non-IT leaders can understand. Effective collaboration, relationship management and influence skills, along with a strong customer service orientation. Proven experience as a subject matter expert across multiple technologies, architecture, and business applications. Experience with project management tools (Smartsheet, MS Project, Visio, Lucidchart, PPM tools) desired.
PMP (Project Management Professional) certification.
Experience in a Higher Education setting.
Experience using Project and Portfolio tools with Service Management tools.
Proven expertise managing infrastructure (systems, network, and cloud) projects
Posting Detail Information
Bentley University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, building strength through diversity.