University of Colorado - School of Medicine
We are seeking a full-time advanced practice provider to provide weight loss as well as health and wellness clinical services at the University of Colorado Anschutz Health and Wellness Center (AHWC) Clinic. This individual will work closely with and support other endocrinologists, internists and gastroenterologists with the ongoing care and treatment of physician-directed weight loss and health and wellness services as described below in detail. This individual will also have an important role in reviewing referrals and coordinating appropriate care for patients.
The Anschutz Health and Wellness Center (AHWC) at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is an interdisciplinary center encompassing basic, clinical, and translational research as well as post-graduate training and the career development of research professionals in the fields of nutrition, physical activity, community outreach, and health promotion. The Wellness Clinic houses a variety of programs and services, including complementary and alternative medicine offerings including massage, acupuncture, and mind-body services.
This position will report to the medical director of the AHWC Clinic.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Serves as advanced practice provider for Weight Loss and Wellness Clinic, working with other endocrinology, internal medicine and gastroenterology providers with the ongoing care and treatment of physician-directed weight loss patients
- Performs accurate physical examinations, evaluations, diagnoses, treatments, follow-ups, and consultations
- Supervises and/or coordinates the activities of patient care
- Reviews referrals and helps coordinate and navigate patient care
- Assists with medication prescribing and refill requests
- Obtains patient history and develops comprehensive plan of care
- Provides health education to patients and/or community health practitioners and groups
- Participates in programmatic planning, developing specific evidence-based health policies and procedures
- Practices safety, environmental, and infection control methods
- Provides individualized patient teaching and counseling utilizing evidence based practice
- Refers to other providers and practices as needed for patient care and treatment planning
- Completes necessary documentation in a timely fashion
- Ensure strict compliance with University and professional policies/procedures
- Adept at Electronic Health Record (EHR) and EHR trouble shooting, improvement processes, and downtime procedures
- Actively participates in marketing and patient recruitment
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Active participation in health plan contracts
- Remains credentialed by the health plans and ensure credentialing materials stay current
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Be willing to name the University of Colorado as an Additional Insured.
- Graduate degree from an accredited school
- Current Board certification as an FNP or PA
- Current Colorado APN licensures (Must have CO licensures by date of hire. Could be working toward CO clinical licenses during application process and registered with DORA-Department of Regulatory Agencies.)
- Current Colorado Prescriptive Authority (RxN) Licensure
- Current clinical expertise as FNP or PA
- Experience in advanced practice
- Current BLS/CPR Certification
- Bilingual (fluent Spanish/English speaking)
- Current DEA license
- 1 year prior EHR experience
- Experience in endocrinology or internal medicine practice
- Experience with weight loss and wellness clinical care
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience, up to $85,000 a year. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.