Director of Development & Leadership Gifts
The Director of Development & Leadership Gifts provides hands-on leadership for the institutional advancement department in support of NWHSU's strategic plan and annual fundraising goals. Responsible for executing a broad-based development strategy to secure financial support from individuals, corporations, and foundations, the DOD directly manages annual giving, major gifts, and planned giving efforts and leads the department in the successful execution of goals and strategies. Manages 2 direct reports. Develops and tests the case for support of NWHSU. Establishes and cultivates relationships with current and prospective leadership donors and personally solicits $1,000+; $10,000+; $100,000+; and $1M+ gifts, often in partnership with the President and volunteers. Contributes to the creation of university-wide strategies and programming that builds connectedness between the university, clinics, and the general community. This position reports to and works closely with the President & CEO. This position also works closely with the Board of Trustees and serves on several leadership committees at the University.
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field; Master's degree preferred
- Experience in higher education required; experience preferred in healthcare.
- 10+ years related experience
- Experience with Board recruitment, engagement, and solicitation
- Demonstrated track record of closing annual leadership gifts and leadership major gifts and creatively increasing philanthropic support
- Evidence of proven and consistently demonstrated accomplishments in fundraising.
- Budget and 7+ years of staff management experience