Electronics Field Service Technician Northeast Region
Electronics Field Service Technician
Electronics Field Service Technician position available for a fast-paced technology company supporting customers in the New York City area. Our Electronic Field Service Technicians support customers by resolving technical issues, maintaining and upgrading equipment, and providing user training in a professional and courteous manner.
• Conduct onsite repair and maintenance efficiently in a personable and professional manner according to customer requirements.
• Acquire and maintain knowledge of the configuration, troubleshooting methods, tools,
and specific customer applications to provide technically accurate solutions to our customers.
• Perform work on customer premise in a professional and aesthetically pleasing manner
• Perform maintenance/installation of LAN and WIFI Ethernet
• Provide Installations which require basic AC electrical knowledge
• Submit timely and accurate reports to our home office.
• Three (3) years electronic troubleshooting experience (Must be able to pass basic electronics, electrical, and networking test with a score of 80% or better).
• Intermediate knowledge of computer networks involving local area networks (LAN) and Wide area networks (WAN).
• Knowledge of Microsoft office applications and computer networking is required.
• Ability to work with electrical drawings and measuring instruments; use of multi-meter and various analyzers.
• Team player with demonstrated customer service skills able to adapt to changing work environments.
• Ability and willingness to work outdoors in a wide range of weather conditions (i.e. heat, cold, rain)
• Self-starter and motivator who can perform job duties without supervision.
• Ability to train others on areas of technical expertise
• Ability to lift up to 75lbs
• Flexibility is required: some Saturdays and overtime may be required
• Must be able to travel up to 25% of the time on short (24 - 48 hours) notice
• Must have good/dependable transportation and Proof of Auto Insurability
• Must have a safe driving record and a valid New York driver's license
• Must be able to pass drug screening, physical, and background check
• Must be authorized to work in the United States
Associates of Science Degree from a 2-year college or technical school, and 3 years of experience in the electronics field or relevant combination of education and experience. A+, Net+, or i-net plus preferred but not required. US Military electronics experience satisfies requirements.
E.J. Ward, Inc. provides the most reliable, affordable and scalable fleet solutions from large enterprise customers to smaller fleet operations. Ward is known for customer driven innovations, unparalleled flexibility, and proactive customer support that gives fleets an assurance they have a business partner in fleet asset management. For over 42 years Ward has developed advanced technologies for fleet asset and fuel management systems. Ward offers compensation competitive with qualifications and experience.
New York, NY
Thu, 2 Mar 2017 06:35:37 PST