Note: This job announcement has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities required or assigned to an employee in this position.
Responsible for the backup/recovery and administration in the Windows workstation, server and Mac environment. The position requires having responsibilities for implementation and administration of the server and network resources.
This positions requires the ability to analyze, support and make decisions and recommendations regarding the improvement of the technical services necessary to provide state-of-the art uninterrupted operation of the information technology equipment and services to include Windows servers, Mac and PC workstations and network connectivity. Overall responsibilities include entail break/fix, installation, upgrades, problem and resolution management, configuration management, Windows and Macs in an Active Directory environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage system backup operations and tape operation process via Symantec Backup Exec
- Configure, maintain and administer NetApp and EMC network storage environment
- Implement and manage processes and procedures to support internal and external college operations including desktop hardware and software technical support of users as it relates to the Internet, Web,
- Create and manage user accounts in Windows active directory
- Automate processes creating and utilizing scripts.
- Manage Apple open directory system to change passwords, add users, and set up file permissions.
- Manage Macs and Windows computers in use in an active directory environment
- Troubleshoot any concerns related to Mac and Windows computers associated to Windows domain controllers
- Create and manage virtual servers and connectivity for Windows and Linux in the VMWare Vsphere environment
- Administer AntiVirus and Malware protection tools
- Describe and execute files and commands to generate control and monitor accessibility to various machines in a network environment.
- Manage the Windows active directory server and workstation environment utilizing SCCM, SCOM, WSUS, MDT/WDS and other system management tools
- Must be able to troubleshoot the network by researching and investing event log information
- Assist authorized service personnel (contractors) in installation and repair of hardware and other related operations.
- Load specified software packages and replace defective inadequate software packages as required.
- Serve as project team leader on an as need basis for deployment, support, and upgrades.
- Answer end-user’s software and operation inquiries in person and via telephone.
- Diagnose system hardware, software and operator problems and take corrective action.
- Review on a constant basis project progress and evaluate technical data to obtain approval and decisions in a timely manner to ascertain project(s) to run smooth and progress on schedule.
- Coordinate and conduct the necessary document project reviews with in-house consultants, client representatives and other project associates, and reporting to management any project difficulties.
- Maintain knowledge of trends in information technology and disaster recovery by utilizing resources and attending conferences/workshops in order to develop and foster business/technology expertise.
- On-Call rotation with network team members for after-hours emergency support
Educations and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree is preferred with:
- 7 – 10 years of windows server environment required
- 5 years of Mac environment preferred
- This position requires accountability for all projects. Must be able to learn new technology trends via self-paced training as well as formal training.
- Must have working knowledge of network account administration for Windows desktop operating system, Windows server and Mac desktop and server OS. Must have working knowledge of Macs in a Windows active directory environment and
- Must possess working knowledge supporting: Windows Server Update Services (WSUS)
- Proven knowledge and experience developing automation solutions for windows systems management using Powershell, or other programming language required
- Must have demonstrated experience integrating Windows-platform technologies with enterprise-class storage subsystems and networking devices, such as; EMC SAN and Netapp storage devices, hardware diagnostics, monitoring, network utilities, and performance analysis tools.
- Administration of VMWare VSphere 5 or later required.
- Must organize and assemble the resources required to serve the needs of a diverse range of complex assignments, utilizing experience, innovation and independent judgment.
- Demonstrate the ability to work with multiple departments in a growing and changing environment.
- Solid interpersonal and customer service skills to respond in person and via telephone, accurately and courteously to inquiries required.
- The ability to work independently, prioritize work base upon business needs; troubleshoot, and resolve system/user issues; oriented to schedules, deadlines, and details a must. Ability to perform advanced level word processing skills using the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
MCSE Windows Server 2008 Preferred
Spelman College is an EOE/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Title IX Employer and we participate in E-Verify.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE