Working Title: Security Officer
Position Type: University Operational and Administrative Staff
Department: University of Virginia Police Department
Posting Date: 03-29-2017
The University of Virginia is looking to fill the position of Security Officer. This position will patrol selected sites to identify, report, and when reasonable and possible, resolve safety and security issues and to report suspicious and criminal activities and activities requiring additional personnel to the appropriate police agency.
The security officers help provide a safe and secure environment for patients, visitors, students, and employees conducive to their health, educational, and employment goals and to protect the property of the University of Virginia. Applicants must have an active Driver's License with a positive driving record, meet the physical requirements of the position and be able to work a rotating schedule that may include days, nights, weekends and holidays.
*Please Note* A complete University application is required. Any incomplete applications received will not be considered for employment.
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1.Ability to understand and follow specific oral and written instructions and procedures.
2. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
3. Ability to react appropriately in routine and emergency situations.
4. Ability to use equipment required in the conduct of duty.
5. Ability to detect problems and report information to appropriate personnel.
6. Ability to understand and follow safety procedures.
7. Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
8. Ability to drive security vehicles.
9. Skill to use assigned equipment required in the conduct of duty.
10. Ability to meet all physical requirements in all working conditions including walking and standing for extended periods of time, driving lifting etc.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=81286