General Statement of Job
To maintain campus grounds, sidewalks, roadways, and parking lots.
Location Riverside Hours Summer Hours: (Monday - Friday 5 A.M. to 2 P.M.) and Winter Hours: (Monday - Thursday 5 A.M. to 4 P.M.) - schedule subject to change Salary Specialist 1/110 ($19,488.00 - $27,840.00) FLSA Status Non-Exempt Reports To Supervisor, Grounds Criminal Background Check Pre-employment criminal background checks are required for all Staff and Faculty positions. Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are also required for all top candidates considered for positions in ACC's College Police department.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Equipment, tools, and procedures used in grounds care.
- Safe work practices.
- Fertilizers, insecticides, and herbicides used in grounds care and gardening.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Maintaining an established work schedule, with occasional nights and weekends.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills, including tact and diplomacy.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills.
- Operating grounds maintenance equipment and tools.
- Following and effectively communicating verbal and written instructions.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Use basic computer skills such as accessing and sending emails, locating Internet sites, and completing time sheets.
Required Work Experience
- Six months related work experience.
Preferred Work Experience
- 1 - 2 years of work experience is preferred
- High school diploma or educational equivalent.
- Valid Texas Driver's License.
- Work is performed in a variety of settings.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, pushing, and pulling, and at times subject to stooping, crawling, and climbing.
- May need to lift heavy objects of up to 50 pounds and occasionally up to 100 pounds.
Other Preferred Qualifications
- Valid Pesticide Applicator License (preferred)
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time Faculty and Staffing Table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the College are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by Federal law.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Austin Community College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.