Application Administrator/Developer - Admissions
The Office of Admissions invites applications for the position of Application Administrator/Developer. This position will provide technical support for the various software systems utilized to support the Office of Admissions, including Banner (SIS), TargetX (CRM), Argos (Reporting System), Banner Document Management, and Banner Workflow.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Serve as recruitment systems and technology expert for the design, development and deployment of TargetX (Salesforce CRM) and Banner (Oracle SIS) reports for the leveraging of data utilized by various constituents to further student recruitment efforts, facilitate business processes, strategic planning, data cleaning, and ad-hoc reporting needs.
- Perform system administrator functions for TargetX, including security design and deployment, data loads, development of data loads processes, analysis and design of system enhancements, reporting, and integration with other WVU administrative systems.
- Design and maintain security profiles and standards for the TargetX system, working with ITS on the deployment and security of this and other systems.
- Design and develop data import interfaces between a multitude of external vendors and internally supported systems, such as TargetX/Salesforce (CRM) and Banner (SIS). This involves in-depth analysis of the incoming data, expert knowledge of the target systems, and extensive experience with technical tools available to efficiently accomplish the data transfer.
- Serve on communication and software implementation project teams, providing support to assure project quality and timelines are met.
- Analyze and test new version enhancements and fixes for various software upgrades to determine compatibility with current production versions.
- Direct operational functions of staff within the unit, assuring daily production tasks are completed timely, including execution and generation of standard and targeted mail and email campaigns, receipt and loading of data files, resolution of data errors and duplication.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management information science, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Four (4) years of experience in the following areas are required:
- Working with complex software systems and application administration
- System performance management
- Capacity planning processes/tools and their implementation, preferably on Oracle and/or Salesforce platforms
- Extracting, analyzing and presenting data through reporting tools for relational databases, preferably SQL, Argos, and/or Salesforce
- Three (3) years of experience with student information relational database system, preferably Banner
- Two years of experience with a Customer Relationship Management system, preferably TargetX/Salesforce
- Experience with Recruitment and Admissions business processes and operations preferred
- Knowledge of various systems and software, including but not limited to, TargetX/Salesforce CRM, Evisions Argos reporting software, Ellucian Banner SIS, Hobsons Apply Yourself Admissions Application, and Common Application
Preference will be given to applications received by April 14, 2017 and will remain open until filled.
- Background check
- Letter of interest
- Three (3) professional references
At West Virginia University, we pride ourselves on a tireless endeavor for achievement. We are home to some of the most passionate, innovative minds in the country who push their limits for the sake of progress, constantly moving the world forward. Our students, faculty and staff make this institution one of the best out there, and we are proud to stand as one voice, one university, one WVU. Find out more about your opportunities as a Mountaineer athttp://hr.wvu.edu/.
West Virginia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff and students, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans.
: Mar 6, 2017
Posting Classification: Non-Classified
Exemption Status: Exempt
Benefits Eligible: Yes