Admissions Counselor - Chicago Campus
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology
Founded in 1979, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an independent professional graduate school with a dynamic student body and a professionally accomplished faculty. Our curriculum and training opportunities prepare graduates to deliver outstanding professional services emphasizing the ability to understand and work with diverse populations.
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is currently seeking an Admissions Counselor to join the Chicago Campus Admissions department.
The Admissions Counselor is responsible for all phases of the admission process, from successfully marketing the programs to qualifying students for admission selection and enrollment. The successful candidate will be an articulate, organized, results driven, dynamic and enthusiastic leader and team player. This position provides an excellent opportunity for a talented and committed professional whose skills and attitude complement a dynamic, collegial team.
This position is located in downtown Chicago, Illinois.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Articulating the mission and value of the designated higher education affiliate institution(s) to prospective undergraduate and/or graduate students while maintaining superior customer service.
- Achieving performance goals for each term (6+ per year) by maintaining targeted conversion metrics at each stage of the admission process on a consistent basis.
- Responding to all new inquiries quickly and maintaining consistent communication with all students throughout the admission process, including an average of 100 outbound calls per day to reach prospective students in a timely manner.
- Conducting telephone-based personal interviews to qualify prospective students on their educational goals and interests, explaining available academic programs, advising them on admission requirements, and ensuring that all admission paperwork is completed properly. This may also include providing more in-depth counseling for undecided students.
- Making decisions and/or recommendations concerning admissions, while appropriately adhering to all policies and procedures.
- Producing accurate applicant and inquiry reports, including forecasts, on a regular basis.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to represent the organization in a professional manner, recruit and work within a diverse community, and follow all policies and procedures with a keen attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and listening abilities: persuasive and negotiation skills, strong professional writing, public speaking, interpersonal and public relations skills.
- Strong recruitment, sales, and customer service skills combined with a strong work ethic and a goal-oriented, self-motivated approach toward achieving consistent results.
- Leadership, organizational, time management, multi-tasking, and planning capabilities.
- Computer skills including proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite, as well as experience using customer relationship management systems and the ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred.
- A minimum of 1 year sales experience or similar background is required, telesales preferred.
- Previous admissions experience is preferred.
- The ability to work evenings and some Saturdays is required.
- Infrequent travel may also be required.
For more information about The Chicago School of Professional Psychology visit www.thechicagoschool.edu
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an affiliate of TCS Education System. For more information about TCS Education System visit www.tcsedsystem.org
TCS Education System offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
TCS Education System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.