Financial Aid Advisor
TCS Education System
San Jose, CA
TCS Education System is currently seeking a Financial Aid Advisor to join the Financial Aid department.
The Financial Aid Advisor is responsible for advising and assisting students with all aspects of financing their education including establishing financial aid eligibility, clarifying policies, and providing accurate information on all financing options.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serves as the primary contact for students with financial aid related questions and needs
- Counsels incoming and current students on financial aid resources
- Collects information to verify financial aid eligibility
- Packages financial aid for new and continuing students
- Tracks received financial documents in student information system
- Processes and distributes financial aid awards letters
- Presents financial aid information on Admission and Interview days
- Coordinates and presents information events on financial aid and money management
- Stays up to date on financial aid information by attending Financial Aid workshops
- Works closely with TCS Education System Financial Aid Director and staff members
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of Title IV, Direct Loans program, and other financial aid regulations
- Familiarity with Campus Vue
- Strong communication, customer service and problem solving skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work independently and without close supervision
- Technical skills sufficient to use relevant software and websites
- Desire to learn
- Strong teamwork skills
- Ability to work with diverse populations.
- Proficient communicating in Spanish.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferred but not mandatory
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as necessary
- 1-2 years of experience in Financial Aid or related Student Services area
TCS Education System offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
TCS Education System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About TCS Education System:
TCS Education System (TCS) is a nonprofit system of colleges that was launched in 2009 to advance student success and community impact. Currently, the System spans five colleges, campus locations across 12 cities and a community of 21 global academic partners to fulfill the aspirations of nearly 7,000 students. The TCS model provides its colleges with the scale of resources necessary to succeed, including admissions and enrollment operations, finance and accounting, information and learning technology, marketing, strategic planning, compliance and legal services, human resources, and global engagement among other areas of professional expertise. The System was founded on the belief that by sharing administrative resources and allowing colleges to concentrate on providing students with quality, social change-focused education, we can give each member of our community the power to change the world. TCS colleges include The Chicago School of Professional Psychology, Pacific Oaks College & Children's School, The Santa Barbara & Ventura Colleges of Law, Dallas Nursing Institute, and Saybrook University.
To learn more, visit www.tcsedsystem.edu.