Lecturer in Finance (with Potential for Security of Employment)
Open March 6th, 2017 through June 30th, 2017
Lecturer with Potential for Security of Employment
The Paul Merage School of Business at the University of California, Irvine is seeking candidates to fill one position as Lecturer with Potential for Security of Employment in Finance to begin as early as July 1, 2017. The Lecturer with Security of Employment series requires, in addition to excellent teaching and service, externally recognized professional and scholarly achievement in his or her specific discipline and/or of pedagogy. We will consider candidates in all finance areas and preference may be given to those who have taught finance courses at the graduate level (MBA/Masters of Finance/Masters of Financial Engineering). We offer finance courses during the day and also some in the evenings and/or Saturdays including summer.
We seek applicants with a Ph.D. in a relevant discipline and commitment to excellence in teaching, research (academic, professional, and/or pedagogic), and service. Salary will be commensurate with prior performance and experience.
FINANCE AT THE MERAGE SCHOOL:
To learn more about UC Irvine and The Paul Merage School of Business, please visit: http://www.merage.uci.edu/
For the Lecturer with Potential for Security of Employment position in Finance, please apply at: https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF03857
For a complete listing of faculty positions at The Paul Merage School of Business, please log onto UC Irvine's RECRUIT at: https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/.
Applicants must complete an online application profile and upload the following application materials electronically to be considered for the position:
(1) curriculum vitae;
(2) a brief teaching, research, and service statement;
(3) a separate statement that addresses past and/or potential contributions to diversity, equity and inclusion should also be included in the application materials;
(4) three letters of recommendation;
(5) teaching evaluations;
(6) examples of scholarly writing.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, although first consideration will be given to completed applications received by April 5, 2017.
If you have any questions about the application process, please contact:
The Paul Merage School of Business
University of California, Irvine
Irvine, CA 92697-3130
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy. A recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity, UCI is responsive to the needs of dual career couples, supports work-life balance through an array of family-friendly policies, and is dedicated to broadening participation in higher education.
Job location Irvine, CA
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Cover Letter (Optional)
- Statement of Teaching - Required for final consideration (Optional)
- Statement of Research - Required for final consideration (Optional)
- Statement of Service - Required for final consideration (Optional)
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence.
- Teaching Evaluations - Required for final consideration (Optional)
- Samples of Scholarly Writing - Required for final consideration (Optional)
- Misc / Additional (Optional)
3 letters of reference required
HOW TO APPLY
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information
Get started: press Apply Now