Working Title: Temp Accountant
Position Type: Hourly Wage
Department: University Human Resources
Posting Date: 03-01-2017
The various jobs listings that you see posted under the temporary pool category are general categories and may not be actual positions we are recruiting for at the time you apply. However, we will keep your application on file and contact you if we believe your skills and experiences are a match for a position we are trying to fill. For more information, refer to "BECOME A TEMP" link on the left.
Temp salaries generally start at $15.07 per hour for this type of position.
Perform account maintenance and various reconciliations. Compile financial data. Create management and financial reports for review and/or use by supervisor or higher level management. Prepare forecasts, status reports, detailed summaries of specific funds, expenditures, revenues and cost reports. Process various transactions for entry into the accounting system and verify the integrity of the transactions. Assist managers in maintaining accurate and compliant financial records for one or more UVA systems. Establish internal procedures and conducts routine system audits.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations, and university financial policies and procedures.
2. Ability to analyze and interpret financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and/or projections.
3. Account balancing and reconciling skills.
4. Knowledge of standard and/or fund accounting principles, methods, and applications.
5. Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control procedures.
6. Ability to set up and maintain financial accounts and ledgers.
7. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=52017