Web Content Assistant (part/time)
Posting Date March 6, 2017
Position Title Web Content Assistant (part/time)
Vacancy # V-1262
Department CHSS Dean's Office
Division Academic Affairs
Assist the Web Content Assistant for the College of Humanities and Social Sciences (part-time position) in maintaining a vibrant, informative, and engaging online presence.
Provide assistance in the following areas:
• Writing, editing and proofing digital content: Help creating content, assisting with headlines, tweets, Facebook updates, news articles and announcements, email newsletter items, etc.
• Web publishing: Update and create content using a content management system (e.g. WordPress)
• Social media: Use social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.) for event promotion and outreach purposes.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
Qualifications & Requirements
• Bachelor's degree preferred with a major in Communications, Digital Media, Public Relations, Journalism, English, or similar field
• CMS experience (e.g. WordPress, Drupal, etc.)
• Understanding of HTML structure and basic CSS concepts
• Attentive to detail
• Able to work in a diverse, fast-paced, collaborative environment with a variety of users.
• Able to multi-task using a variety of programs; ability to work in both Mac and Windows environments.
• Self-motivated, results-oriented, flexible, and able to work independently
• Familiarity with the Adobe Creative Suite (e.g. Photoshop, InDesign, Dreamweaver)
Commensurate with Experience
Anticipated Start Date Open until position is filled
Send cover letter and resume to
(include vacancy # if above)
Apply By Review begins immediately and continues until position is filled
Organizational Marketing Statement:
Building on a distinguished 105-year history, Montclair State University is proud to be a leading institution of higher education in New Jersey. The university's six colleges and schools serve more than 19,000 undergraduate and graduate students in 300 majors, minors, concentrations and certificate programs. Situated on a beautiful, 250-acre suburban campus just 14 miles from New York City, Montclair State combines the instructional and research resources of a large public university in a dynamic, sophisticated, and diverse academic environment.
Montclair State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution with a strong commitment to diversity. Additional information can be found on the MSU website at www.montclair.edu.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION INSTITUTION