This is an exciting opportunity for a full-time Content Strategist to join a dynamic, creative team at Maga Design, a premier visual information design firm.
A leader in bringing visual communication to solving business problems, our mission is to bring clarity to complex business issues through information mapping. We marry subject matter expertise with information design to create effective communication programs for clients in the government and commercial sectors. Drawing from business acumen learned over years of problem solving, our team leads our clients to clearer strategies, enterprise-wide alignment, and improved business results.
If you are keen to join our team, we are looking for "whole-brain thinkers" with a passion for problem solving in areas such as technology, customer experience, logistics, and information systems, balanced with experience in internal and external B2B or B2C communications, and a flare for graphic design.
Our Content Strategist will have a customer-centric attitude, love the challenge to be flexible in moving from project to project and be comfortable interacting and communicating with clients. As the Content Strategist you will conduct requirements gathering, manage projects, and assist in visual and verbal translation of complex concepts. Maga seeks a candidate with high energy who will fit in among passionate, committed, intelligent, savvy and fun professionals. This position is a one-of-a-kind opportunity to join a fast growing company and work with an influential team.
- Strategic communication planning to support client business strategies
- Create customer experience and communications strategies
- Prepare presentations and develop print materials to support client communications
- Coordinate projects between accounts, digital strategy and design teams
- Manage projects, set and meet deadlines and communicate deliverables status to clients
- Work with the design studio to conceptualize and execute visual design artifacts
- Bachelor's degree, with a focus in Communications, Marketing or Business
- 3-5 years professional experience
- Excellent client-facing skills, including ability to communicate both in-person and via email
- Strong written communications and editing skills, marketing or public affairs work a strong plus
- Ability to collaborate productively in large interdisciplinary teams
- Ability to multi-task, take on several projects, meet deadlines, organize, and communicate effectively
- Proven project management track record demonstrating that engagements were delivered on-time and within budget
- Strong knowledge in principles of graphic design, information layout, and presentation
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite, comfort with Adobe Illustrator a plus
- Knowledge or experience working with government clients is a plus
We value a cover letter as a pitch for how you are qualified for and interested in this position, and as a formal writing sample.
Maga Design is a proponent of visual thinking and industry leader in information mapping. We create communications graphics for clients in the government and commercial sectors. Our team consists of educated, energetic, self-motivated professionals. Through management consulting and graphic design services, Maga Design guides our clients to simplify complexity, manage change, and enhance internal and external communications, leading them to a clearer strategy, enterprise-wide alignment, and overall improved business results. Our HQ is located in the heart of Adams Morgan in Washington, DC.
Maga Design is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D.
Maga seeks a candidate with high energy who will fit in among passionate, committed, intelligent, savvy, and fun professionals. This position is a one-of-a-kind opportunity to join a fast growing company and work with an influential team.
Mon, 6 Mar 2017 13:57:19 PST