8AM - 5PM
$42,996 - $61,680
This position provides essential administrative support for all functions and day-to-day operations in the School of Medicine's Development and Student Affairs offices. The incumbent will provide administrative support to the SOM Development Office and the Office of Student Affairs, assisting with calendaring, special projects, perform special assignments, and working on assignments that are complex in nature where considerable judgment and initiative is needed in resolving problems and making recommendations. Incumbent will serve as focal point for communications; answering phones and screening/redirecting inquiries as appropriate. Incumbent will also serve as staff support to essential committees within the School of Medicine, inclusive of but not limited to, preparing necessary files, preparing agendas, taking minutes, following-up on action items and handling routine correspondence. Incumbent will also be responsible for processing travel requests/reimbursements and other routine accounting transactions for staff utilizing on-line financial systems. The incumbent is expected to use mature judgment, informed decision making, concern for detail and timeliness, as well as, appropriate discretion to deal with complex, confidential and sensitive issues.
1. Education and/or experience equivalent to an Associate's degree in business administration or related field, and 2 years of related experience performing administrative functions.
2. Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times and to handle sensitive/confidential information, issues and requests.
3. Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to compose business correspondence, edit and use correct spelling, punctuation and grammar. Skill in communicating effectively and professionally using tact and diplomacy.
4. Demonstrated experience and expertise using computer software (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Adobe) and office equipment.
5. Demonstrated experience in handling multiple executive calendars with emphasis on prioritizing requests, anticipating unexpected rescheduling and knowledge of reality timing.
6. Ability to function independently and take responsibility for results; organize workload with close attention to detail, manage multiple tasks and timelines.
7. Ability to work as a team player and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
8. Skill in independently researching questions and making appropriate contacts when problem solving.
9. Ability to make appropriate decisions following established policies and procedures.
10. Demonstrated ability to interact with diverse and controversial issues and people in a professional and amiable manner.
1. Bachelor's degree in business administration or related field.
2. Demonstrated experience in extensive and progressively responsible advanced level administrative support in a school of medicine, medical center, or similar environment.
3. Demonstrated experience with UCR's online financial, purchasing and recharge systems.
4. Knowledge of University of California policies and procedures.
5. Previous relevant administrative support experience in an academic environment.
6. Experience with and knowledge of Raiser's Edge software.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities' air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
At UC Riverside we celebrate diversity and are proud of our #12 ranking among the nation for most diverse universities (US News and World Report 2013-2014). Become part of a place that fosters success for all its constituents, students, faculty, and staff, and where work/life balance and campus culture are integral to our way of life.
UCR is ranked 55th among top public universities (US News and World Report 2013-2014).
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview