Hospitalist (Riverside Region)
40% Part Time
Commensurate with Experience
Under general direction, Hospitalists supervise and/or perform professional work in primary care medicine involving the examination, diagnosis, and treatment of patients at Riverside Community Hospital (RCH).
This is a Per Diem appointment. Per Diem Physicians are hourly paid appointees whose primary purpose is clinical service. These appointments have a variable schedule and cannot exceed 43%. These appointments may be on a pre-scheduled basis or as needed on a day-to-day basis as determined by the University.
At minimum, incumbents are required to be available to work at least one day per month and one major holiday per calendar year as needed by the department.
Please note: UCR is implementing a new job classification system, Career Tracks, with effective dates of September 27, 2015 for non-exempt employees and October 1, 2015 for exempt employees. The payroll title for the position for which you have applied may change at the time of hire or on September 27, 2015 and October 1, 2015, respectively. This change will not impact job duties, responsibilities or a salary that has been offered. Please visit: http://hr.ucr.edu/salary/careertracks.html for further information.
1. Possession of the legal requirements for the practice of medicine in California as determined by the California Medical Board
2. Board-Certification in a relevant care specialty as determined by the American Board of Medical Specialists
3. Maintenance of California Medical License, Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) prescribing number, and Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
4. Strong background and skills in clinical practice, clinical teaching, and managed care
5. Advanced communication and interpersonal skills
6. Ability to work effectively with staff and patients from diverse ethnic/racial backgrounds, educational levels, sexual orientations and identities
7. Ability to stay abreast of new medical knowledge, and to maintain and increase expertise and skills as relevant to clinical practice
8. Ability to work independently under general direction and to work collaboratively with others
1. Computer proficiency and first-hand experience in using electronic health records systems to document patient interactions and coordinate care.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities' air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
At UC Riverside we celebrate diversity and are proud of our #12 ranking among the nation for most diverse universities (US News and World Report 2013-2014). Become part of a place that fosters success for all its constituents, students, faculty, and staff, and where work/life balance and campus culture are integral to our way of life.
UCR is ranked 55th among top public universities (US News and World Report 2013-2014).
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview