Executive Assistant to Vice President for Facilities and Campus Operations
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prioritize and maintain the scheduling of the Vice President for Facilities & Campus Operations appointments and meetings. Assist with development of agendas as well as coordinate and oversee arrangements for all meetings. Anticipate and supervise the preparation and compilation of materials for meetings, including meetings of the Board of trustees and their committees. Provide administrative support of confidential and sensitive materials for the Vice President. Serve as scribe to divisional cross-functional teams, staff meetings and ad-hoc subject meetings as required by the Vice-President, and provide minutes of meetings with the Vice President.
- As needed, provide support for project teams and all departments reporting to the Vice President.
- Work independently overseeing the distribution and processing of inquiries, including the preparation of response letters and informational materials. Support the Vice President in maintaining on-going relationships; respond to calls from the President, other university officers, Deans, faculty, staff, students, and outside vendors and agencies; provide advice, recommendations, make referrals, and resolve inquiries.
- Develop and produce written materials and presentations for the Vice President. Compose correspondence, reports and other documents. Research and organize materials, conduct data analysis and collaborate with functional areas to prepare, review and deliver written materials and presentations for the Vice President.
- Manage multiple, sometimes conflicting priorities effectively; resolve matters expeditiously, proactively, and diplomatically; and follow through on projects to successful completion.
- Maintain effective organizational systems that include planning, scheduling, tracking and communicating work in progress; manage files, archives and contact information for key constituents; handle incoming requests via telephone, email, and mail and determine the appropriate course of action, referral or response.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Education: Bachelor Degree
Experience: Five years related (or equivalent combination) administrative experience, preferably at the executive level. Experience planning, implementing, and coordinating a variety of meetings, projects, events, and detailed activities required, preferably in an academic environment.
Requires effective organizational skills, including the ability to multitask, prioritize tasks, anticipate issues and needs, and leverage resources. The successful candidate must be able to adapt well to changing priorities, maintain confidentiality, and have a keen attention to detail. Ability to effectively interact with diverse groups across the Stevens Institute of Technology community, as well as industry and governmental executives.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to compose correspondence and reports, as well as interpret and communicate policies to individuals at all levels.
Extensive knowledge of Microsoft applications including Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint is required.
FACILITIES & SUPT SV
General Submission Guidelines:
In order to be considered a candidate for any job at Stevens, you must submit an online application. Please attach a cover letter and resume with each application. Other requirements for consideration may depend on the job.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact Jobs@Stevens.edu
Stevens Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accordingly, Stevens adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against candidates or employees based on legally impermissible factor(s) including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, age, ancestry, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, disability, or any protected military or veteran status.
Stevens is building a diverse faculty, staff and student body and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities. Stevens is a federal contractor under the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as well as other federal statutes.