Faculty Director, Master of Accountancy Program
Faculty Director, Master of Accountancy Program
Posting Number: 2017367F
Position Type: Faculty
Recruitment Type: Internal/External Applicants
Work Schedule: PT/9 Month
The Villanova School of Business (VSB) is seeking to hire an individual to oversee the traditional VSB Masters of Accountancy Program (MAC) and the KPMG sponsored Masters of Accountancy Program beginning August 2017.
This position will be part-time. This person will report to the chair of the accounting department and will work with other graduate office staff and VSB Dean's Office staff. There will be no teaching, research, or other service responsibilities associated with this position.
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values.
Duties and Responsibilities
Coordinate with the VSB Graduate and Executive Programs Office, Accounting Department, VSB Dean’s Office, and other university offices in order to:
• Identify and implement strategies to increase student enrollment.
• Lead efforts to promote the program to increase its visibility outside and inside the University.
• Work with existing undergraduate students in VSB and other Colleges to develop guidelines that allow students to qualify and complete the program.
• Meet with the academic directors of other graduate programs in VSB to share ideas and help generate new approaches to marketing and recruiting students.
• Partner with the graduate office on the admissions process, including approving applications and meeting/discussing the program with prospective students.
• Determining a process for budgeting and awarding scholarships.
• Monitor the academic quality of the program so that it meets VSB standards.
• Obtain feedback (surveys, focus groups, etc.) from students to find areas for improvement in the program, including curriculum.
• Meet with faculty teaching in the program to generate new ideas, improve existing delivery, and keep the faculty connected.
• Work with KPMG to maintain quality assurance.
• Provide a report to the chair and KPMG highlighting the achievements, goals and future strategies from a continuous improvement perspective.
• Chair the Masters of Accounting Curriculum Committee. The current KPMG MAC committee will be assimilated into this Committee once the program changes are implemented and up and running.
• Oversee and be responsible for all AACSB requirements.
• If needed, make presentations to the faculty, advisory board, accounting firms, and dean’s council.
• Ensure that the MAC program is in line with the department’s strategic plan.
Significant public accounting or academic experience.
Ph.D. or extensive experience in public accounting preferred.
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours
Special Message to Applicants
Applicants must apply online at https://jobs.villanova.edu/
All initial applications are to include:
• Application letter
• Curriculum vitae
• Unofficial Academic Transcripts
Names and contact info for 3 references are required for all applicants. These
references will be contacted electronically for a letter of recommendation for finalists
For finalists, an official graduate transcript will be required. To mail hard copy of
transcripts, please send to Search Committee, Department of Accounting, Villanova University, 800 Lancaster Avenue, Bartley Hall, Villanova, PA 19085 Review of
applications begins upon receipt and continues until the position is filled.
Posting Date: 03/03/2017
Closing Date (12am ET):
Open Until Filled:
Salary Posting Information: Competitive
Job Classification: Faculty
To apply, visit: https://jobs.villanova.edu/postings/10831
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values. Villanova University is committed to providing leadership in the attainment of equal employment for all individuals. It is the policy and practice of Villanova University to recruit and select applicants on the basis of their qualifications and abilities. This effort is in compliance with all federal and state laws, including Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1975, Executive Order 11246, and the Americans with Disabilities Act.