Division Dean - Business & Computing, Sylvania Campus
Division Dean - Business & Computing, Sylvania Campus
Portland Community College
Requisition Number: 09001
Open Date: 03-06-2017
Location: Sylvania Campus
Address: 12000 SW 49th Ave & 17705 NW Springville Rd
Hours of Work: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday - Friday
Position Status: Management; Level N; Full-time; Exempt
Starting Salary Range: $87,873 to $127,413 per year (see "Additional Posting Information" section for details)
Job Close Date: For best consideration apply by April 21, 2017
Portland Community College's Sylvania Campus is looking for a Business & Computing Division Dean.
This division encompasses the Business Administration, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, and Computer Applications/Office Systems departments. All very popular programs designed to inspire a love of learning, and to prepare PCC's diverse students for exciting careers and/or further education.
The official responsibilities of the Division Dean of Business & Computing are to provide broad administrative direction and leadership in the development, expansion, revision, improvement and maintenance of these multiple quality education departments/programs. An extremely important part of this role at PCC is to bring a student-centered priority and a passion for inspiring learning to the administration from this rich and complex division.
If this sounds like a learning community that you would like to be a part of, please apply today! The Sylvania Campus is located in southwest Portland on a wooded hillside between Tigard and Lake Oswego. As the oldest and largest of the PCC campuses, Sylvania has many unique features and specialized programs.
1.Supervises division faculty, academic professionals, classified staff, technical/support, and/or student staff. Evaluates and oversees the development of professional development plans and goals for assigned faculty department chairs, faculty, academic professionals, and classified staff in accordance with good management practices, campus policies, and collective bargaining agreements. Hires, evaluates, trains, disciplines and recommends dismissal of staff as necessary.
2.Provides leadership in planning, implementing, evaluating, and modifying multiple educational programs, processes, and operations related to assigned areas of responsibility; interprets and applies federal and state mandated guidelines. Plans, implements, administers, and evaluates related programs, projects, and services impacting the college.
3.Establishes, monitors, evaluates, and modifies processes, procedures, and/or standards, ensuring alignment with the College's mission, values, goals, and objectives, as well as all local, state, and federal laws and regulations. Monitors programs to ensure compliance with applicable accrediting bodies.
6.Directs the maintenance of a variety of student and academic program records and information in assigned areas of responsibility.
7.Oversees faculty teaching assignments, schedules, and classroom assignments in accordance with established District policy.
8.Develops, implements, and manages grant-funded programs to supplement academic programs.
9.Develops and administers budgets in assigned areas of responsibility; implements and allocates resources following budget approval; approves expenditures.
10.Evaluates and communicates the impact of potential legal or regulatory changes on the College.
11.Responds to and resolves student, faculty, and/or staff grievances and complaints.
12.Advises and responds to questions from College departments and external agencies regarding complex issues or policies impacting assigned programs and services.
13.Positions in this classification may perform all or some of the responsibilities above and all positions perform other related duties as assigned.
The education and/or work history sections of your online application form must demonstrate that you meet all of the following Minimum Qualifications. The information on the resume/cover letter will not substitute for the completed application.
Satisfactory references and successful completion of the criminal background check are required to meet the minimum qualifications for hire into this position.
In the online application's Education/Employment History sections, include jobs, duties, and dates that display these qualifications.
Master's degree in any academic field from an accredited college or university. Three years progressively responsible managerial experience.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Managerial principles;
- Grant management principles and practices;
- Budgeting principles and practices;
- Contract management principles and practices;
- Accreditation standards;
- Conflict mediation principles and practices;
- Public relations principles;
- Program development principles;
- Records maintenance principles and practices;
- Higher education principles and practices.
Demonstrated Skill in:
- Managing and providing leadership to subordinate staff;
- Developing, recommending, implementing, and monitoring academic programs, policies, procedures, and work flow;
- Developing and managing a budget;
- Managing grants-funded programs;
- Managing contracts;
- Evaluating assigned programmatic area for compliance with applicable regulations and accreditation requirements;
- Speaking in public;
- Conducting research to identify solutions, resolve problems, or provide information;
- Mediating conflict;
- Developing and marketing academic programs;
- Working with diverse academic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff;
- Utilizing computer technology for communication, data gathering and reporting activities;
- Communicating effectively through oral and written mediums.
*Experience managing in higher education.
*Experience teaching, training, or supporting instruction in at least one of the departments within the division (Division departments include Business Administration, Computer Science, Computer Application & Office Systems, and Computer Information Systems).
*Experience teaching or managing online courses and using an online learning management system.
*Strong communication skills.
Additional Posting Information
To apply for this position you must submit:
1. Completed responses to the (3) Required Questions from the Committee - scroll to see questions below - (attach document)*
2. Completed online application
3. Cover Letter (attach document)* Please state how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications.
4. Current Resume (attach document)*
* When you apply for the position, you will be given an opportunity to attach the above documents. They may be attached in either "Microsoft Word" or ".pdf" formats.
Normally the starting salary for new employees will be at the entry salary for that level, unless approved for advanced salary placement.
Upon hire candidate will be required to provide official transcripts for all degrees earned.
Applicants selected for hire will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
Portland Community College will hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to complete the designated Immigration Service Employers Verification I-9 form.
- As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with a access to a broad range of benefit options. Includes Health, Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Auto and Home Insurance. Retirement and tax deferred 403B plans.
14.67 hours of Vacation leave per month
1 day of Sick Leave per month
3 additional Personal Leave days per year
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children under 24 years of age, as well as tuition reimbursement for full-time employees at other accredited institutions.For full application instructions and position description, click here