Compensation Analyst - Human Resources
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelors, masters and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
This position will support the Assistant Director of Compensation & Benefits in the implementation and management of a large scale compensation project. This position will cross train on benefits administration and leave of absence.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field required.
- CCP, PHR/SPHR, or other related HR certifications a plus.
- 7+ years working with a compensation structure that includes grades and ranges.
- 10+ year related Human Resources experience.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- Support large scale compensation project entailing different components including, but not limited to: compensation philosophy, compensation structure (grades and ranges), job analysis and categorization.
- Ensure job description is updated with new structure information.
- Assist Assistant Director with the preparation of training materials/communication pieces, and website design and content as it relates to compensation.
- Field and answer questions regarding compensation.
- Participate in salary surveys.
- Cross train on benefits, LOA, and workers' compensation.
- Administrative support for the Assistant Director of Compensation & Benefits.
- Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Responsible for daily electronic timekeeping as it applies to the scope of this position.
- Strong attention to detail and confidentiality.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage timely follow-through with a high degree of professionalism.
- In agreement with the purpose and goals of Azusa Pacific University in providing a Christian-based higher education for its students.
- Requires repetitive motion and sitting at computer keyboard.
- Hearing and speaking on the telephone.
- Ability to pull, push, bend, grasp, reach and lift up to 20 lbs.
- Computer monitor and reading.
- Pleasant office setting, comfortable temperature.
- Proficient in Google Apps., Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PeopleSoft.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.