Job Summary: Responsible for controls systems design, component specification, PLC programming simulation and testing. Additionally, contributes to panel design and layout, bill of materials, and wiring schematics. Work may be performed on a variety of new and existing electrical systems either in house or at customer locations. Works within timelines, manufacturing plans and budgets for completing projects.
• Develops PLC programs to meet customer requirements
• Creates all necessary drawings and support documentation
• Participates in machine equipment wiring and start up
• Integrates robotic handling systems with process control systems
• Participates in customer machine issue diagnosis and resolution
• Provides remote support to customers on an as needed basis
• May be required to perform/troubleshoot basic mechanical repairs
• Diagnoses, tests and repairs malfunctioning electrical and electronic
components such as transformers, motors and encoders, drive vales and sensors.
• Supports and assists in electrical upgrades and changes for equipment and facilities
• May assist with control wiring for newly installed machines and equipment such as robots and programmable controllers.
• Performs and/or facilitates on-site start-up and training activities
• Represent Godfrey & Wing in a professional manner at all times.
Education: Associates Degree or equivalent experience.
Experience: 3-5 years' experience with electrical systems and/or machine controls systems. An understanding of PLC and HMI logic development, programming and debug. Experience with one or more of the following: Allen Bradley, Mitsubishi, Siemens, or Omron required. Experience with design and integration of robotic material handling programs (ABB, FANAC, MOTOMAN) a plus. Pneumatic and hydraulic experience preferred.
Specific Skills: Detailed oriented. Ability to test circuitry, panel building, robotic programming and troubleshooting Self-directed with ability to work independently. Flexible to adapt to a changing environment. Ability to travel up to 30%, including international.
We are an equal opportunity employer
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. At the employee's request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
We are a global manufacturer of engineered equipment, products and services for vacuum impregnation and surface preparation. An ISO/TS 16949 registered company, Godfrey & Wing, Inc. serves manufacturers by sealing porous materials and providing surface preparation methods for strengthening materials or promoting adhesion. We also build custom equipment to support our sealant processes. Please visit us at: www.Godfreywing.com for more information about our company.
Why Join Our Team? Full time hires enjoy Competitive Compensation and Benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and 401-k, Friendly Work Environment, Small Company Feel, Paid Time Off in the First Year, Paid Holidays, Company Events
Sun, 5 Mar 2017 10:11:40 PST