RISE Solutions Group, a technology company focused on new and emerging technologies is seeking an Agile Engineering Coach in Washington, DC area.
Candidates will NOT be considered without responding with the information requested below, particularly an expected hourly pay rate.
We cannot wait to hear back from you!
As an Agile Engineering Coach you will be a hands-on member of software development teams in order to exemplify technology practices emphasized by extreme programming (XP). Through coaching, facilitating classes and conducting workshops you will raise the agile acumen of the team resulting in increased productivity and code quality.
- Transform leadership and development team members in the adoption of Agile engineering practices
- Coach the practices of Agile frameworks such as Scrum and Kanban as a hands-on embedded technology member of the team
- Teach team members through example, classes and workshops Agile engineering practices as exemplified by extreme programming such as clean code, unit testing, Test Driven Development (TDD), Behavior Driven Development (BDD), Functional Test Automation and Continuous Delivery.
- Improve code quality by teaching team members how to use code quality tools and metrics such as those produced by SONAR
- Introduce and teach team members how to create continuous delivery pipelines using tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo and GO
- Introduce and teach team members BDD using implementations such as Cucumber, JBehave and Concordiant
- Lead and set standards for code quality, unit test code coverage and in sprint functional test automation
- Transform leadership by executing proof-of-concepts (POCs) as required
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field
- Minimum 10 years' experience as a software developer
- Minimum 5 years as a delivery team member on an Agile team
- Minimum 2 years' experience coaching Agile Engineering practices
- Proficient in facilitating technical classes and workshops
- Proficient in solution design, architectural analysis and development of systems leveraging advanced Java language features like Multi-Threading, Serialization, RMI, Sockets, JDBC, NIO, Cloning, Annotations
- Proficient in other languages helpful such as Ruby, Python, Bash
- Proficient in OOPS, Design Patterns and Data Structures
- Experience in using TDD and leveraging frameworks such as JUnit, Mockito, JMock etc. for extensive unit-testing
- Strong experience in one of more Continuous Delivery Pipeline tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo or GO
- Strong experience in one or more BDD implementations such as JBehave, Cucumber or Concordiant
- Strong experience in one or more build and release frameworks such as Maven and Ant.
- Strong experience interpreting code quality metrics produced by such tools as SONAR to improve code quality
- End-to-end experience in agile software development lifecycle.
- Ability to influence and negotiate with clients and team members.
To be considered for this role, please send the following
- Latest resume in MS Word
- Salary/hourly rate requirement (will not be considered without this)
- Brief summary in MS Word about why you would be a great fit for this role (less than 1/3 of a page)
- Explain the five most important aspect of being an excellent project manager (5 bullets)
- Explain the five greatest challenges of being a project manager (5 bullets)
- Explain why you are the perfect fit for this rile
- Contact information/phone number/three interview dates and times
- Date available
The RISE Talent Acquisition Team
Sun, 5 Mar 2017 14:42:30 PST