Assistant or Associate Director of Financial Aid
Knox College seeks a smart, technologically-savvy, hard-working individual to join the financial aid team as an Assistant or Associate Director of Financial Aid. As the successful candidate, you will provide a full range of financial aid counseling services for current and prospective students and their families; analyze and verify financial aid applications; award financial aid based on federal, state, and institutional policies; and participate in outreach activities both on- and off-campus. You will also play a key role in utilizing new technologies and leading initiatives to help us improve the delivery of financial aid and related services. The following are the qualifications for this position:
- At least three to five years of related experience in a financial aid office or equivalent experience in a higher education setting
- Strong proficiency with regard to information technology and the delivery of online services
- Strong analytical skills and an ability to interpret and apply federal financial aid regulations
- Commitment to excellent customer service
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks and projects
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university
- Willingness to work additional hours during the peak financial aid processing season
- An appreciation for a residential liberal arts education, respect for individual differences, openness to the values and opinions of others, and flexibility to adapt to constant change
To apply, submit via email a letter describing your qualifications, along with your resume, online application, contact information for three professional references, and an Applicant Information Form to the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org . Review of applications will begin April 1. Finalists will be subject to a background check.
Knox College is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. The College is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. The College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, religion, disability, creed, or any other protected class.
Knox College is a nationally ranked, private, residential liberal arts college of 1,400 students from 48 states and 51 countries. Founded in 1837 by social reformers strongly opposed to slavery, Knox was one of the first colleges in the United States open to all, regardless of race, gender, or financial means. The College recruits a national and international pool of high ability students and stands out among its peers for the inclusion of first-generation, international, and students of color, in a culturally rich and vibrant campus community.
For more information about Knox College, please visit www.knox.edu/about-knox.
Apply for Assistant or Associate Director of Financial Aid
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly