Business Manager - Inn at Villanova
Business Manager - Inn at Villanova
Posting Number: 20171281S
Position Type: Staff
Recruitment Type: Internal/External Applicants
Work Schedule: FT/12 Month
Department: 507-Inn at Villanova University
Become part of this new team in the newly renovated, re-branded, 4-diamond style Inn at Villanova University!
The Business Manager assists in developing and implementing accounting policies and procedures at the property level. Manages and coordinates day to day accounting activities, such as cash and credit card handling, payroll processing, night audit revenue uploads, monthly financial statement preparation, financial statement review and analysis and coordination with the University's Finance Office.
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares accurate and timely monthly closing of financial statements, accruals, journal entries, account reconciliations and variance/analytical analysis.
- Coordinates with the Director to prepare and review budgets, forecasts, operating results and sales data metrics. Coordinates with University Tax Department on Compliance Reporting.
- Maintains compliance with all local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Manages, along with the Technical Services Manager, the maintenance of the Inn Accounting systems to include, Time and Attendance, POS, PMS, Credit Cards and accounting software.
- Establishes and audits internal financial controls.
- Continually reviews internal accounting processes for accuracy, effectiveness and timeliness.
- Assures all accounting policies and procedures are in compliance with generally accepted accounting procedures (GAAP) and the University’s Accounting policies and procedures.
- Holds strict confidentiality.
- Instills a guest service attitude in all employees
- Maintains day to day oversight regarding cash handling and documentation of same
- Requires thorough knowledge of a specialized or technical field.
- May compile objective and measurable data and produce reports.
- Requires operating knowledge of computer equipment and requires broad knowledge in clerical and/or service areas.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- This position requires an Associate’s Degree; 3+ years of hospitality related financial management and accounting experience.
- Should possess solid training in all areas of Accounting from A/P, A/R, General Ledger, Credit, Collections, Audit, Inventory Control, Payroll, Budgeting, Costing, P&L preparation and analysis, etc.
- Prepares budgets and projections.
- Possesses Strong PC skills including Excel, Word, Outlook, financial accounting systems, PMS and POS.
- Possesses Strong organizational, analytical, verbal and written communication skills.
- Displays professionalism while setting high standards.
- Possesses Strong financial analysis and reviewing profit & loss statements.
- Has the ability to inspire, train, and develop people for promotion.
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours
Portions of daily assignments involve ergonomic risk, such regular repetitive tasks, forceful or prolonged exertions of the hands, vibration, cold temperatures, and light lifting, pulling, pushing, or carrying of heavy objects, poor body mechanics, restrictive workstations, or awkward postures.
Special Message to Applicants
Posting Date: 03/03/2017
Closing Date (12am ET):
Open Until Filled:
Salary Posting Information: Commensurate with Experience
Salary Band: I
Job Classification: Exempt
To apply, visit: https://jobs.villanova.edu/postings/10818
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values. Villanova University is committed to providing leadership in the attainment of equal employment for all individuals. It is the policy and practice of Villanova University to recruit and select applicants on the basis of their qualifications and abilities. This effort is in compliance with all federal and state laws, including Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1975, Executive Order 11246, and the Americans with Disabilities Act.