Director of Regional Advancement
The Director of Regional Advancement manages the college’s relationship building, engagement, and major / planned gift fundraising efforts for a 100 – 150-person portfolio of Alma College alumni, parents, and friends. This includes prospect and donor evaluation, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship activities. The Director also designs and coordinates the college’s overall engagement and annual giving strategies for all Alma College constituents within select Michigan counties and select regions of the United States. As the face of Alma College for a broad range of individuals, the Director exercises a significant amount of independent judgement and discretion to maximize the engagement and giving of all individuals in his / her assigned territories and regions. The Director is encouraged and expected to work collaboratively with Alma College staff, faculty, and volunteers.
• Identifies, evaluates, cultivates, solicits, and stewards a portfolio of 100 to 150 major and planned gift prospects and donors of $50,000+. Works collaboratively with Advancement colleagues, other campus colleagues, and volunteers to match potential donors’ interests with the college’s strategic priorities and needs.
• Designs and coordinates the college’s overall engagement and annual giving / annual fund efforts for all Alma College constituents within select Michigan counties and select regions of the United States. Serves as the primary face and first point of contact for Alma College constituents in those assigned areas.
• Prepares yearly operating plans that outline broad objectives, identify priorities and strategies, and project gift revenue and other vital metrics.
• Works closely with prospect management and research staff to ensure that prospects and donors have well-documented and comprehensive records.
• Responds to referrals of major and planned gift prospects from prospect research staff and other sources in a timely and well-documented manner.
• Participates actively in Advancement staff meetings and designated campus events, assuming leadership roles as requested.
• Participates in professional activities to stay current with trends in the field of advancement.
• Other duties as assigned.
Supervisor: Senior Director of Regional Advancement
• Excellent verbal / written communication skills
• Exceptional interpersonal skills
• Strong ability to persuade and excite others
• Excellent judgment and decision making skills
• Self-starter that works collaboratively
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
• Can travel and work evenings / weekends
• Ability to handle confidential information
• Experience with technology
• Outstanding organizational skills
• Bachelor’s degree
• Five years or more experience in higher education or sales
• Documented, successful experience with capital campaigns and various fundraising channels
• Master’s degree
• Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE) certification
• Travel independently in and out of state
• Sitting at a desk for up to 8 hours
• Lifting up to 20 pounds
Interested candidates should submit an Alma College application and a cover letter, current resume, and the names of three professional references with e-mail addresses and telephone numbers to:
Brent Domine – Senior Director of Regional Advancement
614 W. Superior St.
Alma, MI. 48801
Materials may also be submitted electronically to email@example.com
For an Alma College application please go to: https://www.alma.edu/live/files/897- employment-application.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body.