Contract Web Application Developer/ Information Architect
Are you a web developer with a knack for scripting languages and the desire to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment? We might have the right opportunity for you! ProEdit's client has an immediate need for a creative, energetic web applications developer/information architect for a 6-9 month contract position in Duluth, GA (30096). In this role, you will support our client's global technical information team by providing web and tools integration support for multimedia, web-based publishing and translation applications. In addition, you'll be responsible for maintaining several custom workflow systems and applications for various users and gathering comments and requirements from global users to facilitate system improvements.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a leading manufacturer of large-scale equipment. There is a possibility that this contract will be extended or turn into a permanent position.
Candidates must be a U.S. citizen and must be local to the Atlanta area
- At least five years of experience as a web developer or information architect in a global enterprise environment
- Experience with ASP, CSS, XML, XSL, and HTML5
- Familiarity with W3C and OASIS Standards
- Ability to consult with other departments on content strategy, information architecture, research, and design
- Troubleshoot authoring and publishing process issues
- Ability to create site maps, hierarchies, categorizations, navigation, and metadata
- Strong understanding of and ability to further develop content strategy, including tools, processes, and strategies for authoring, translating and single sourcing and multi-channel publishing
- Able to plan and monitor projects, including identifying key resources
- Ability to perform User Acceptance Testing (UAT) for System upgrades and deployment of new tools.
- Understanding of business drivers and goals with an insight into IT strategy.
- Exposure to or experience within a global technical information or publications environment
- Experience with any of the following: SDL Trisoft, SDL Translation Management System (TMS), Language Cloud, Multi-term, Live Content Architect, Knowledge Center, XMetal, Oxygen, HyperSTE, Acrolinx, Arbortext, Antenna House, Adobe Acrobat, Creo Illustrate, Adobe Creative Suite and Creative Cloud.
ProEdit is an Atlanta-based staffing services company with a focus on placing business communications professionals throughout the U.S.
Sun, 5 Mar 2017 15:48:07 PST