Assistant Professor of Elementary Curriculum & Assessment
Reinhardt University invites applications for the position of Assistant Professor of Elementary Curriculum and Assessment. The position is a 9-month, full-time, tenure-track position to begin August 14, 2017.
Position involves reporting to the Dean of the Price School of Education. The Assistant Professor of Curriculum and Assessment is expected to teach Early Childhood Education (ECE) courses at the undergraduate and/or graduate levels, model differentiated instructional strategies and effective teaching practices, participate in program development in collaboration with School of Education faculty, collaborate with the Dean’s Office to ensure compliance with accreditation (CAEP, PSC, and SACS) standards, and support edTPA implementation initiatives.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Prior experience in higher education.
- Experience with teacher education procedures and professional accreditation standards at the state and/or national level.
- Knowledge of and/or experience with implementation of edTPA.
- Experience in program development and coordination in a standards-based system of accountability.
- Doctorate in curriculum and instruction or closely-related field.
- Experience teaching at the university level.
- Experience with program development.
- Experience with edTPA.
- Evidence of integration and instructional technology skills with assessment practices appropriate for the P-5 classroom.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. To guarantee consideration, application materials must be email stamped or postmarked by April 6, 2017.
Please send letter of application, resume, and contacts for three professional references via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line "RU Faculty Position in Price School of Education,"
or via U.S. Mail to:
Office of Human Resources
Attn: RU Faculty Position
7300 Reinhardt Circle
Waleska, GA 30183
Founded in 1883, Reinhardt University is focused on shaping lives and building futures. As a private comprehensive university grounded in the liberal arts and affiliated with the United Methodist Church, Reinhardt offers 43 graduate and undergraduate programs, ranging from biology, business and education to music, theatre, and creative writing. Reinhardt is located in Waleska, Georgia, 45 miles north of mid-town Atlanta.
Price School of Education offers programs in Early Childhood Education, Middle Grades Education, Secondary English Language Arts Education and Secondary Biology Education at the undergraduate level and a Master of Arts in Teaching.
Reinhardt University is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/M/V/H/V).