Assistant Director for Career Programming and CAS Career Advising
As a part of a growing team dedicated to serving the College of Arts and Science, the Assistant Director for Career Programming and College of Arts and Sciences (CAS) Career Advising has a primary responsibility to support students’ career development in the CAS through advising, programming and connecting employers and students with a team of Center for Career Exploration and Success staff dedicated to serving the College of Arts and Sciences.
Reporting to the Associate Director his position will have a focus on student advising and programming needs in the CAS. In addition, the Assistant Director has responsibility for the development, coordination, and assessment of central Center for Career Exploration and Success programs and programs within the CAS and other divisions in collaboration with Career Services divisional liaisons.
- Master’s degree in business, counseling, human resources, science, math, higher education administration, or a related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in career development, human resources, higher education, or a related field.
- Demonstrated business acumen and experience in employer relations, with proven knowledge of business and non-business career paths and recruiting practices.
- Demonstrated track record of innovative thinking and problem solving.
- Effective interpersonal skills, including verbal and written communications, management and training abilities.
- Advanced project and program management abilities.
- Proven ability to advise students in multiple majors, including the Humanities, social sciences, STEM and business.
The University is committed to equal opportunity, affirmative action, and eliminating discrimination and harassment. Miami University does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations/or disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Miami University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report with information on campus crime, fires, and safety may be found at: http://miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/. Hard copy available upon request. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke and tobacco free campuses.