Visiting Professor Part Time Health and Wellness Sacramento, CA Campus
We are interested in developing long-term relationships with superior instructors who have high professional standards, excellent communication skills, enthusiasm and a commitment to providing the finest practitioner-focused education. We are seeking primarily Industry Professionals to share their knowledge and experience with undergraduate and graduate students in a variety of fields. Courses meet once or twice a week for eight weeks. The face-to-face interaction is blended with technology (such as online discussions and online assignments) for an enhanced learning environment. Commitment is on a course by course basis.
- Develops and provides students with an approved DeVry University syllabus that follows a template established by the local campus, and which includes the terminal course objectives.
- Organizes, prepares, and regularly revises and update all course materials.
- Uses appropriate technological options for online technologies and course-related software, including Websites, e-mail, and online discussions for preparing the course and making it accessible to students.
- Models effective oral and written communications that engage the students, provide clarity, and improve student learning.
- Sets clear expectations for the course by publishing course terminal objectives, assignment/examinations dates, and weight the distribution of various evaluation categories.
- Ensures that the content and level of material included on exams correspond to the course terminal objectives.
- Demonstrates consistency and fairness in the preparation and grading of exams, and provide timely feedback to students.
Completes other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A master's degree is required for all faculty positions (with 18 graduate hours in the subject being taught for undergraduate teaching). Additional requirements driven by state licensing or accreditation considerations may apply.
Faculty must have requisite subject matter expertise and outstanding communication skills. Faculty must also have excellent motivational and instructional skills in a diverse and non-traditional environment. Must be able to work in a collegial manner and facilitate the efforts of diverse groups.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.