Senior New Media Designer - JWMI
This position, under the leadership of the CMO, exercises creative control over work products and has expertise in a range of professional media production tools.
- Responsible for creating a cohesive creative vision for the Institute
- Explore, adopt and use cutting edge eLearning software
- Create and format digital curriculum materials and web graphics for the online classroom
- Shoot and edit videos, both for online courses and for marketing purposes
- Tag, store and maintain video content for the Institute
- Maintain the creative landing page for the student interface
- Design icons, banner images and infographics
- Prepare sleek presentations using a variety of software
- From a regionally accredited institution; Bachelor's degree in creative field - Graphic Design, New Media, Video Production, Web Design
- At least 3-5 years of graphic design experience, preferably with a digital focus
- Comfortable with projects ranging from detailed iconography work to print layout work to web design mockups
- Ability to conceptualize and design complex infographics as demonstrated in portfolio
- Possess a strong visual sense of design and art direction, particularly for web
- Perform basic graphic production duties such as updating text, images, scaling, cropping, adapting files to new formats
- Any web user-interface/user experience design experience a plus
- Ability to conceptualize, shoot and edit video projects ranging from simple interviews to highly stylized creative pieces
- In-depth knowledge of how to optimize video formats and codecs
- Expertise to create motion graphics and video-based media
- Expert-level Adobe Creative Suite CS6, particularly Photoshop and InDesign, with strong knowledge of both digital and print design work
- Expert-level video-editing skills - proficiency in Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere or similar
- Motion-graphics production experience, including Adobe After-Effects
- Strong photo/video camera and lighting skills desired - experience with Canon EOS Mark II or similar a plus.
- Ability to utilize software such as Camtasia for screen casting and tutorial production
- Ability to work in a hybrid MAC and PC environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to travel up to 10% of time
- Travel via plane, car, and public transportation may be required to perform this job
- Must have the flexibility to work more than 40 hours per week when business needs warrant.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Mobility within the office including movement from floor to floor
- Access information using a computer
- Effectively communicate, both up and down the management chain
- Effectively cope with stressful situations
- Strong mental acuity
Working at Strayer is rewarding and each one of us is incredibly passionate about succeeding at our mission and that passion is contagious. With that in mind we are always in search of dedicated, talented individuals who want to be part of something that's enriching, challenging, and rewarding.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at Careers@strayer.edu.
Strayer University is an equal opportunity employer and employs qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other classification proscribed under applicable law.