Interpreter, Faculty Support
Interpret or translate (Class lectures, labs, text, materials, meeting, etc.) for faculty and staff.
- High school degree or equivalent required.
- A Kansas Quality Assurance Screening score of level 5 or NIC or BEI - (category E or higher), RID CI, CT certified required.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong ethical decision-making skills and ability to articulate reasoning behind decisions
- Commitment to working in a team environment
- Bachelor's or Master's degree preferred.
- 5 or more years of experience interpreting in a variety of settings including: classroom, meetings or a one-on-one settings.
- Experience interpreting for and/or extensive knowledge of ASL Linguistics and Deaf culture.
- Exceptional skills providing ASL to English (voicing) interpretation.
- Interpreter experience at a collegiate level, preferred.
Click here for a summary of our benefit information. For a summary of our adjunct faculty compensation, click here.
Every employee of the college is expected to treat all members of the college community with dignity and respect demonstrating professional, courteous and respectful behavior and engage in constructive conflict resolution, when needed.
In accordance with the college policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. Individual hiring departments at JCCC may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process. Many departments require those selected for hire to submit a certified transcript for all degrees obtained.
For full consideration, applicants are encouraged to apply prior to the review date listed in posting.
Johnson County Community College welcomes the application of any qualified candidate and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or other factors that cannot be lawfully considered.
If you are an applicant requesting assistance or a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 913-469-3877, or email.
For a summary of all disclosures (Background check, Clery Act, ADA, EOE, etc) refer to the links on our Career page.
Overland Park, Kansas, United States
Competitive rate of pay
For full consideration apply before
Opened until filled.
Hours per Week
Monday - Friday, Varies
REQUIRED: (please attach with your application) - Resume - Cover Letter - Other Document: include a copy of the KQAS certificate that reflects a level 5 score OR or copy of NIC, RID or BEI, CI, or CT certificate.