Assistant Professor in Mathematics
The Department of Mathematics at the University of Kentucky invites applications for one or more full time faculty positions at the tenure-track Assistant Professor level beginning in Fall 2017. In exceptional cases, applicants at higher levels may be considered. A successful candidate is expected to pursue a vigorous research program and to deliver high quality teaching to both graduate and undergraduate students. Preference will be given to those with research interests in one of the following areas: topology and algebra. The Department will also consider applicants with other research interests that are compatible with those of the faculty.
Applicants should have a Ph.D. degree in mathematics or a closely related field by the time the appointment begins and are expected to present evidence of excellence in research and teaching.
In order to be considered a candidate, applicants will need to complete the following two steps:
1. Submit your job market materials to http://www.mathjobs.org/jobs. These materials should include: the standard AMS Cover Sheet for academic appointment, curriculum vitae, a statement about current and future research, a statement on teaching experience and quantitative assessments of teaching, at least three (3) letters of reference addressing the applicant's research, and one (1) letter of reference addressing the applicant's teaching.
2. Complete an Academic Profile within the University of Kentucky employment system by selecting apply for this job. This step will only take 5-10 minutes.
Applications will not be reviewed until the Academic Profile is completed. Applications will be reviewed as they are received. Applications submitted by November 18, 2016 will receive full consideration.
For more information about the department, please visit http://www.math.uky.edu.
Assistant Professor in Mathematics
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Ph.D. in Mathematics or a closely related field
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Open Untill Filled
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's Online Employment System?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- Academic Keys
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above