Lecturer in Mathematics
The Department of Mathematics at the University of Kentucky invites applicants for one or more full-time Lecturer positions to begin August 16, 2017. The initial contract is for two years and may be renewed indefinitely, subject to performance. Lecturers are eligible for promotion to the rank of Senior Lecturer after a minimum of 5 years. Lecturers are vital to the teaching mission of the mathematics department. The Lecturer will teach primarily first year mathematics courses as well as some second and third year courses and perform duties associated with the lower-division mathematics program. Lecturers have responsibility for developing the curriculum in our first year service courses. The Lecturer will normally teach three courses per semester and have an administrative workload.
The position offers competitive salary and full benefits. Applicants should have completed the Ph.D. degree by the time the appointment begins.
In order to be considered a candidate, applicants will need to complete the following two steps:
1. Submit your job market materials to http://www.mathjobs.org/jobs. These materials should include: the standard AMS Cover Sheet for academic appointment, curriculum vitae, a statement on teaching experience, evidence of effective teaching, and at least three (3) letters of reference including letters addressing teaching and supervision of teaching. Evidence of experience or interest in teaching large classes or coordinating classes is valued.
Applicants are asked to indicate on the Mathjobs.org application if they will be attending the joint AMS/MAA meetings in Atlanta in January.
2. Complete an Academic Profile within the University of Kentucky employment system by selecting apply for this job. This step will only take 5-10 minutes.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received. Applications submitted by November 30, 2016 will receive full consideration.
For more information about the department, please visit http://www.math.uky.edu.
Lecturer in Mathematics
Type of Position
Position Time Status
PhD in Mathematics
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Open Untill Filled
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's Online Employment System?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- Academic Keys
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above