Department: Service and Support
Reports to: Service Lead/Director of Technical Services
The Service Engineer is responsible for onsite client support in all aspects. This is an entry level to intermediate level position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- IT Support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft's core business applications and operating systems.
- Basic understanding of networking: WAN and LAN connectivity, basic understanding of switches, routers, firewalls, and security.
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Office, VPN's, Citrix, and other common programs and applications.
- System documentation maintenance and review in ConnectWise.
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, following up on assigned tickets to closure in ConnectWise.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction.
- Fast turnaround of customer requests.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
- Work with the Service Lead and Service Coordinator to ensure requests are resolved quickly and efficiently.
- Escalate or work with other Engineers to resolve service requests that require assistance to resolve.
- Responsible for entering time and expenses in ConnectWise as it occurs.
Key Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. They are all preferred, but not required.
- Basic understanding of operating systems, business applications, printing systems, and network systems.
- IT experience in the medical industry is a plus but not required
- Experience Installing/Configuring Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10
- Experience with Cisco and HP switches a plus but not required
- Experience with Cisco Firewalls/Routers a plus but not required
- Experience with Sonicwall Firewalls a plus but not required
- Experience with VMware up to version 6.0 a plus but not required
- Experience with Server 2008-2012 R2 a plus but not required
- Experience with Exchange 2010-2013 a plus but not required
- Experience with Office 365
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment
This is a salaried position. Candidates must be available from 8 am to 5 pm on weekdays, and should expect occasional additional hours on weekends. Travel may be expected around the Detroit Metropolitan area. You should have a reliable means to travel.
Center for Computer Resources is a technology services provider focused on solutions for small to medium size businesses from 3-300 PCs. CCR is a recognized industry leader in consulting, implementation, support and training for Office 365. CCR has certifications for Microsoft, Citrix, VMware and Hewlett Packard. Celebrating our 35th year in providing real world solutions for our clients.
Fri, 3 Mar 2017 10:03:11 PST