The Greer Group Staffing is currently looking for a CAD Drafter/Mechanical Drafter for large manufacturing in Greenwood, SC. Position hours are Monday - Friday, 08:00 to 17:00.
Selected candidate will prepare all necessary mechanical drawings including, but not limited to, one line layout, 3-D models of short order specific parts or bus assemblies with flat files, overall layout, and connection details for complex assemblies from customer specifications and information; perform a wide variety of activities requiring the application of more complex drafting principles and related technical knowledge. Develop, enhance and maintain front end systems utilized by engineering and drafting to generate drawings and manufacturing information (fed). This salary band supports two types of functions within the engineering design capacity, mechanical and electrical design. This position requires an outstanding working knowledge of CAD technology, drafting skills and understanding of mechanical, electrical principals.
- Prepare complex layouts, coordination bus connection details, sketches, 3-D models, flat files, and drawings using CAD 3D models or various other computer programs and software, relating to new and modified equipment specifications, as well as from customer engineering interpretations of the general order.
- Analyze and interpret customer inquiries to assemblies during the negotiation and manufacturing phases of the assemblies production.
- Develop special layout and sketches for engineering tests to determine the acceptance application, operating characteristics, or performance of components of the assemblies.
- Prepare necessary information to ensure efficient and timely material procurement, manufacturing information, and installation of assemblies.
- Produce and load product structure bills of material into business system computer.
- Compile data required for project assignments and develop specifications, reports, and other related written documents as required.
- Assist in the assembly of fabrication of prototype parts and models.
- Maintain contact with manufacturing personnel to review and discuss manufacturing information, modifications, adjustments, and progress of work relating to the design and manufacture of equipment.
- Maintain contact with customers, customer representatives to resolve problems as needed, and on site with the customer as necessary.
- Provide guidance to and assist and train less experienced drafters in all aspects of mechanical drafting; recommend technical methods or approaches for these personnel in order to increase their overall quality, timeliness, and productivity.
- Provide input and feedback for continuous improvement of processes and systems.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- An associate degree in Engineering Graphics Technology, Drafting, or similar
- Authorized to work in the United States without Company sponsorship
- One (1) year of experience preparing complex layouts, circuit diagrams, sketches and drawings relating to new and modified equipment specifications, as well as from customer engineering interpretation.
- One (1) year experience with 3D CAD systems such as AutoCad Inventor designing electro-mechanical assemblies
The Greer Group, Inc., based in Raleigh, North Carolina, is a woman-owned staffing and recruiting company. Greer operates satellite locations in Greenwood, SC; Asheville, NC; Fayetteville, NC and West Point, MS. Since 1986, our staffing services have built solid work force partnerships with our clients specializing in the following areas: Accounting, Banking, Finance, Administrative and Office, Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical, Clinical, Medical Office, Human Resources, Legal, Light Industrial, Warehouse, Assembly, Management , Sales and Marketing, and Technical - See more at: www.thegreergroup.com
Sun, 26 Feb 2017 13:37:43 PST