PeopleSoft HCM Functional Analyst - Benefits Administration
Employee Services provides the CU community with services from recruitment to retirement. The office provides technical expertise while administering benefits, professional development, payroll, individual tax management, and strategic HR programs. The functional areas of Employee Services include payroll, technologies, benefits, retirement, financial education, learning and development, international tax and human resources.
This position requires a strong PeopleSoft HCM professional with enterprise systems experience, and a strong Benefit module background, including Base Benefits, Benefits Administration and Benefits Billing functionality. This candidate will represent Employee Services as an HCM expert and act as a liaison to our campus partners, as well as University Information Systems. This role will provide system analysis, requirements definition, testing, troubleshooting and support in the areas of Benefits Administration in Core HCM. This requires a strong knowledge of HCM applications and processes for the Benefits module, experience with system integrations, and Benefit processes. This position is responsible for the development and maintenance of consistent and accurate documentation of system processes and issue resolution. The role will actively consult and partner with Campus HR offices and the Employee Services department to drive process improvement and provide day to day support of business needs while maintaining a positive relationship. Additionally, the PeopleSoft Benefits Administration Functional Analyst will provide production support and troubleshoot system issues related to daily processing in HCM, while supporting new initiatives, driving best practices and strategic change across the university.
Campus relationship management
- Develop and maintain relationships with University Information Systems and campus HCM stakeholders
- Communicate to internal and external stakeholders regarding resolving HCM issues, requirements gathering, and providing status updates and presentations
- Conduct system meetings regularly with Benefits Administration department to provide project status
- Apply knowledge of functional best practices, and related technology trends to guide campuses toward appropriate Benefit/Payroll technology solutions
- Initiate escalation procedure for incidents based on the agreed upon timelines and track to closure
- Manage queue effectively and allocate tasks to the appropriate team based on an allocation plan
- Ensure assigned tasks are completed within targets set (the tasks include incidents, service requests, identified problems, Operational changes, enhancements etc).
- Work closely with training specialist to ensure quality of deliverables
- Provide guidance and share recommendations in setting goals and metrics for the Benefit, Payroll, HR and HCM support team
SDLC (software lifecycle development methodologies)
- Alongside UIS Business Systems Analysts, collect and translate business process requirements into a functional solution design
- Participate in a lead role in reviewing new business processes and solution designs to ensure that cross-functional teams fully understand the impact of decisions made during a system configuration
- Gather and document business requirements, collaborate with the UIS technical team to review specifications, and conduct fit/gap analysis and design sessions.
- Creates testing documentation and perform appropriate user acceptance testing activities
- Serve as a subject matter expert and provide oversight for PeopleSoft HCM-Benefits
- Contribute and participate proactively in knowledge sharing sessions
- Provide complete knowledge transfer to support teams before any production release
- Work closely with Benefit team, Payroll team and HCM support teams by providing KT to progress tickets to resolution and recommends additional development based on needs
- Creates and maintains system documentation
- Act as project lead when appropriate
- Follow department project management process
- Report project status to Employee Services staff and leadership
Additional duties as assigned.
Who we are: System Administration, which also houses the Office of the President, is located in the uptown neighborhood of Denver with an office in Broomfield and a few smaller offices located on the campuses. This position is located in Denver. Many of our departments support the educational and research missions of the four University of Colorado campuses. We provide diverse opportunities for professional development, innovation, and collaboration with talented staff and faculty.
What we offer:
Salary: The salary range is $65K-$75K.
Benefits: The University of Colorado offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. Information on benefits programs, including eligibility, is available at www.cu.edu/employee-services/.
- Bachelor's degree from accredited institution of higher education (applicable professional experience may be substituted on year for year basis for the educational requirement)
- At least two (2) years' of experience in PeopleSoft HCM with strong knowledge of the HCM application and processes for the Base Benefits, Benefits Administration and Benefits Billing
- Strong Analytical and design skills
- Two (2) years previous experience documenting functional specifications
- Two (2) years previous experience with all system and end user testing, including issue analysis and resolution.
- Demonstrated success completing cross functional projects
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and under pressure, to manage multiple concurrent tasks and responsibilities, and to deal with changing priorities, while maintaining personal effectiveness
- Experience in higher education
- Working knowledge of Affordable Care Act
Special Instructions to Applicants:Applications will be accepted until position is filled. Reference checking is a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including email addresses, for up to five references as part of the search process for this position. *Please note: All application materials must be submitted through CU Careers; emailed materials will not be considered.*
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires a verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:You must attach a cover letter, resume, and references to your application as three separate documents. Please identify the job specific minimum qualifications you possess in your cover letter. Also, ensure you check the "Job Specific Attachments" box next the each document on the "Required Documents" page of the application for the appropriate documents to be attached.
Job Category: Business Services
Primary Location: Denver
Department: S0001 -- System Administration - 51000 - Employee Services
Posting Date: Mar 3, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Michelle Martinez
Posting Contact Email: Michelle.Martinez@cu.edu
Position Number: 00680149