Director of Vocation and Career Services
Reinhardt University is seeking a Director of Vocation and Career Services to add to our staff on our main campus in Waleska, GA The Director of Vocation and Career Services is responsible for overall administration of the University’s Career Services, including student success, graduate outcome plans in relation of the target goals set, the development of strong relationships between employers, students and other departments in the college, marketing the School's graduates to national, regional and local firms; meeting and overseeing all career services programs and services offered to students, graduates and alumni. The Director of Vocation and Career Services oversees the University’s Life/Work program and various other leadership programs
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop program of vocational discernment for students
- Develop Life/Work program that provides on-campus work opportunities to help student’s develop professional work habits and build competitive resumes
- Oversee various leadership programs as determined by Dean of Students
- Meet annual goals for college in both salary and employment for graduates as designated by the University.
- Market University’s Vocation and Career Services programs to students and prospective employers
- Support students in grasping the core competencies of their program and assist students in developing a strong portfolio that promotes their abilities. Work closely with the Dean of Students, Academic Deans, Provost, to ensure desirable outcomes are reached for the students
- Plan, supervise and assistant in delivering career programs and workshops designed to prepare students for the job market.
- Bachelor's degree
- Five or more years of strong management experience and/or career counseling experience in a corporate or academic setting
- Knowledge of the career decision-making and placement processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with range of populations
- Superior organizational and problem resolution skills
- Strong basic computer software (MS Office) skills
- Persuasive communication techniques both over the phone and in person
- Ability to interact effectively as a member of a team and work collaboratively with other departments
- Ability to work without close supervision and to set one's own priorities and work schedule
- Ability to pay attention to details in designing, implementing, and maintaining systems, projects and programs
Qualified applicants should submit cover letter, resume, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org or via U.S. mail to:
Office of Human Resources
Attn: Director of Vocation and Career Services
7300 Reinhardt Circle
Waleska, GA 30183
Position will remain open until filled.
Reinhardt University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/M/F/H/V.