Assistant Professor of Occupational Therapy, Pre-Tenure
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR 9 MO
Working Title: Assistant Professor of Occupational Therapy, Pre-Tenure
Type of Employment: Faculty
Department: Occupational Therapy
Division: Academic Affairs and Research
Proposed Salary Range: Commensurate with Experience
Position Summary: The Assistant Professor of Occupational Therapy's primary responsibility is to deliver instruction, carry out research, perform service for their respective professions and community, and participate in the management of the University through shared governance. The faculty member has the duty to deliver instruction and maintain a learning environment consistent with the highest standards of the profession. The faculty member has a responsibility to set degree requirements, assess when they are met, and establish and maintain curricula that meet professional standards and fulfill the educational goals of the University. This position reports to the OT Program Director.
Faculty members deliver instruction, carry out research, perform service for their respective professions and community, and participate in the management of the University through shared governance. Each member of the faculty has the duty to deliver instruction and maintain a learning environment consistent with the highest standards of the profession. The faculty has a responsibility to set degree requirements, assess when they are met, and establish and maintain curricula that meet professional standards and fulfill the educational goals of the University.
Teaching load of the faculty is nine hours per semester. Faculty responsibilities include research and/or effective program development, creative activity, community service, and professional development in the best interest of the students and the community at large thereby demonstrating superior leadership to OTD students. The faculty member is expected to assume student academic advisement responsibilities in addition to their regular teaching assignments. The faculty member must have applicable knowledge, skills, and experiences related to the courses he/she is responsible for teaching.
The faculty member’s specific job responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with administration, staff, other faculty, students, and stakeholders to foster a climate of academic excellence.
- Collaborate with other faculty and staff to evaluate instructional quality.
- Provide support for accreditation.
- Conforms to policies, regulations, and laws.
- Provide support for departmental reviews required by the University or other regulatory bodies.
- Provide support and service for committees that support the Universities missions.
- Provide support and service to committees and related organizations outside the University.
- Utilize evidence-based and best practice for the use of technology to facilitate learning in all classroom settings (classroom, distance, hybrid, etc.)
- Collaborate in the development and production of publications (e.g. webpage, brochures, catalog, handbooks, promotional materials, etc.).
- Participate in the department strategic plan
- Align faculty development plan with the department strategic plan.
- Perform other duties assigned by the program director.
General Days/Hours: Monday - Friday; 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Other: Please a submit cover letter, three references and copy of educational transcripts.
Knowledge/Skills/Ability: Knowledge, skills, and abilities required or applicable to the position responsibilities and area of specialization including special abilities.
Minimum Qualifications: The Occupational Therapy faculty member must be a licensed or otherwise regulated occupational therapist in the state of Arkansas. Cadidates must hold a Doctoral Degree awarded by an institution that is accredited by a USDE-recognized regional or national accrediting body.
Arkansas State University is a public, multi-campus higher education system with enrollment in excess of 22,000 students. Approximately 14,000 students attend the Jonesboro campus where the student body is diverse. The campus has a renewed focus on international student recruitment and capital campaign development. Jonesboro has a population of approximately 67,000 and is located 70 miles northwest of Memphis (www.jonesborochamber.org).
EEO Statement: It is the policy of Arkansas State University to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons; to prohibit discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, age, disability, genetic information, national origin, status as a veteran or other status protected by law; and to promote the full realization of equal employment opportunity through a positive continuing program of affirmative action.