Java Web Applications Developer/Analyst (IRT/ASA-RIMS)
Working in Rowan University’s Information Resources & Technology – Analytics, Systems & Applications, this position serves as a key member of the division in developing and implementing key enhancements and systems to support institutional effectiveness and efficiency. Initially, the successful candidate will serve as the lead person responsible for implementing the Rowan Identity Management System (RIMS). This includes working with a project team to ensure RIMS is deployed as planned, is secure and maintained. In addition, the position will work with division colleagues to develop and support other information systems that interact with the Rowan University system of record (Banner).
- Provides high-level production support
- Participates in system architecture, design, and capacity planning for new functionality associated with RIMS
- Develops best practices for continuous deployment of Java/Groovy-based web applications
- Documents functional area processes and data requirements; understands and documents the integration of various process across functional units
- Troubleshoots and documents issues and solutions
- Performs system development, along with business process analysis and system functionality needs
- Works closely with IRT colleagues, functional business units, and other stakeholders to develop and prioritize business requirements for any needed enhancements
- Develops and maintains accurate documentation, as well as changing system requirements
- Provides technical advice, problem-solving assistance, and answers to questions regarding systems standards and procedures
- Works with Training Services on the development and delivery of system training for the Rowan Community
- Provides support for other university systems as required
Some evening, weekend, and holiday work is required for this position.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related technical, scientific, or engineering discipline.
- Two (2) years of recent hands-on related experience in a multiple vendor, multiple customer, multi-protocol environment.
- Three (3) years of recent hands-on related experience in a multiple vendor, multiple customer, multi-protocol environment
- Four (4) years of recent hands-on related experience in a multiple vendor, multiple customer, multi-protocol environment
- Demonstrated experience with developing and maintaining Java-based web applications using Tomcat or Jetty
- Ability to create applications using Groovy/Grails
- Ability to create applications using two or more of the following: PL/SQL, Python, Perl, ECMAScript, Linux Shell (bash, grep, sed, etc.), and/or Oracle Application Express
- Keen attention to detail, with the demonstrated ability to communicate complex ideas clearly and concisely
- Well-developed conceptual and analytical skills, including the ability to identify a problem, develop a solution and implement that solution
- Adaptable with the ability to lead and accomplish goals without direct authority
- Technical work experience in system administration
- Prior work experience in Higher Education
- Enterprise application experience
- Record of working cooperatively and communicating effectively with management, colleagues, and end users
- Proficiency in creating and maintaining ETL processes and database-backed web applications
- Experience using Banner
Rowan University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment. All positions are contingent upon budget appropriations.