External Agreements Specialist
External Agreements Specialist
Posting Number: 20171278S
Position Type: Staff
Recruitment Type: Internal/External Applicants
Work Schedule: FT/12 Month
The External Agreements Specialist is responsible for reviewing and processing all external agreements with clinical sites for graduate and undergraduate students' clinical placements in the College of Nursing. The specialist communicates directly with clinical agency representatives regarding agreement changes and compliance issues. S/he is responsible for ensuring clinical agreements meet University compliance standards and is responsible for referring a-typical portions of the agreement to the Office of General Counsel for guidance. The specialist will process out of state authorizations required for distance learning and be a liaison to other units of the University (e.g. Office of General Counsel) that complete the process. The specialist also works closely with Insurance and Risk Management in obtaining and distributing the University's certificate of insurance.
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews clinical agency agreement terms and conditions making certain they comply with College and University policies. Follows-up and tracks outstanding agreements. Communicates with clinical agencies and tracks changes to agreements. Refers any a-typical language or portions of contracts to Villanova’s General Counsel for advice and guidance. Negotiates the terms and conditions with the clinical agencies, and communicates this information to college administration.
- Works closely with Insurance and Risk Management in obtaining and distributing verification of liability insurance to clinical agencies.
- Provides information for initial state authorization process. Compiles data and completes state authorization annual reports as mandated by specific states.
- Develops, maintains, updates and manages the database of all clinical agreements, including contact information, expiration dates, terms, and insurance certificate.
- Performs additional administrative and analytical duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 3-5 years of clinical agreements and contracts experience required, including proficiency with clinical agreement language and terminology.
- Proficient in word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation software (Microsoft Office).
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills.
- Paralegal preferred.
- Familiarity with health care preferred.
- Candidate selected must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong attention to details. Candidates must convey a highly professional demeanor and be a team player, and demonstrate excellent customer service skills. She/he must have the ability to handle a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects/tasks with varied deadlines and frequent interruptions. Maintain absolute confidentiality while understanding larger framework for detailed operation. Must be able to communicate clinical agreement concepts and language into ordinary terms.
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours
Special Message to Applicants
Posting Date: 02/28/2017
Closing Date (12am ET):
Open Until Filled:
Salary Posting Information: Commensurate with experience
Salary Band: H
Job Classification: Exempt
To apply, visit: https://jobs.villanova.edu/postings/10789
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values. Villanova University is committed to providing leadership in the attainment of equal employment for all individuals. It is the policy and practice of Villanova University to recruit and select applicants on the basis of their qualifications and abilities. This effort is in compliance with all federal and state laws, including Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1975, Executive Order 11246, and the Americans with Disabilities Act.