HR Communications Specialist
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at *
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
HR Communications Specialist
Position #732128 - Requisition 08737
The Human Resources Department has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) HR Communications Specialist position.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
Senior Professionals are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field. Work is performed fully independently.
The Communication Specialist will be responsible for working with the Director to create a strategic communications plan for the Human Capital Management (HCM) project. Responsible for technical writing, training, and troubleshooting for the HCM implementation project and other human resources functions. Position will create technical documents and manuals, create website content, explain complex information in a clear and concise manner and work with staff to ensure understanding of campus specific processes/instructions and information. Responsible for developing and presenting training and trouble-shooting system issues.
Position reports to the Director of Talent Acquisition and Compensation.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position is $47,016 - $65,000 and is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at .
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
A bachelor's degree in marketing, journalism, public relations, communications, business administration, information technology or a directly related field from an accredited institution and 2 years of professional level communication experience including technical writing and creating and delivering training.
- A background in Human Resources, preferably within a complex Higher Education, research or HR consulting environment.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience "in-the-trenches" working with HR leaders and team members to develop HR communications.
- Master's degree in a related field, SPHR or other professional HR certification.
- A minimum of 3-4 years of professional level experience in HR communications/HR policy development.
- Demonstrated experience successfully navigating and contributing in a highly de-centralized environment.
- Demonstrated project management, stand-up and web-based training, writiig and editing abilities.
- Experience working with the Human Capital Management (PeopleSoft) system or similar HRIS system.
- Expert Microsoft Office experience (MS Word, PowerPoint) and adobe pro.
- Demonstrated ability to operate as part of a collaborative team, and lead communications/policy projects rapidly to execution.
- Knowledge of HR processes and systems and the use of social media to support HR communications.
- Able to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and own a workload that consists of several concurrent efforts.
- Ability to work independently by applying critical thinking skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to advance diversity and inclusion.