Associate Director of Facility Services
Applications are being accepted for a full-time, year-round associate director of facility services. This position will oversee the operation of the college campus facilities, to include the following responsibilities:
- all areas of the Facility Services operation, including leadership to the facilities staff and the custodial program manager, making personnel decisions, budgeting, contract administration, and project planning;
- direct and manage campus capital projects;
- ensure maintenance of campus buildings and infrastructures;
- oversee the college's energy conservation programs, including decisions to purchase and install energy conservation equipment;
- supervise the monitoring, repair, and servicing of all transportation, grounds, and MEP equipment, including a full array of kitchen equipment;
- inspect equipment for safety regulations and efficient operation, maintain comprehensive preventative maintenance, oversee the repair of campus equipment and systems, and maintain computerized records;
- ensure compliance with OSHA regulations and implements required training;
- acts as liaison with federal, state, and local governmental agencies for various inspections and inquiries, and point of contact for institutional insurance administrators;
- assists with purchasing and coordinates inventory control.
This position will report directly to the Director of Facility Services.
About Cornell College
Cornell College is a selective liberal arts college distinguished by its One Course At A Time curriculum, which allows students to learn at the speed of life with more opportunities for off-campus study, full-time internships, and research blocks. Academic immersion and unparalleled flexibility attract an ambitious student body from 45 states and 18 foreign countries. External endorsements include selection as one of the Colleges That Change Lives, a U.S. News Top 100 liberal arts college, and a Fiske Guide to Colleges Best Buy. Founded in 1853, Cornell's picturesque hilltop campus contains a mix of historic and modern facilities, ranging from the majestic King Chapel to the newly renovated Thomas Commons. It is located in Mount Vernon, Iowa, an urban fringe community recognized by Frommer's as one of "America's Coolest Small Towns" and located in the heart of Iowa's Creative Corridor.
Bachelor's degree required with at least ten years of related work experience. Successful candidates must have demonstrated business and financial acumen with strong P&L understanding, and ability to develop, review and revise an operating budget. Must have knowledge of physical plant networks, utility management, space and utilization planning, and CAAD and BAS systems. Ability to manage several on-going projects in a dynamic environment. Ability to communicate effectively, interact professionally, maintain confidentiality in a variety of situations. Proficient with all basic office computer equipment and related software. Ability to perform the physical requirements of the job, to include walking, bending, driving, some lifting up to 30 pounds, visual inspection of building, grounds, and equipment. Valid driver license is required.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Cornell is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women and minorities. Cornell complies with Iowa's Smokefree Air Act. Cornell utilizes E-Verify and requires satisfactory completion of a background check.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.