West Shore Community College seeks vibrant, innovative candidates to fill a full-time Marketing/Management Faculty position (with potential for continuing appointment and full professor rank) to begin August 2017.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Teaching load (15 credit hours a semester/30 annually) primarily consisting of courses such as Social Media Marketing, Principles of Marketing, Advertising, Principles of Management, Personnel Management, Small Business Management, and Principles of Salesmanship.
- Participate in planning, curricular review, and assessment; participate in and develop programs to measure student performance.
- Participate in professional growth activities and continuous awareness of new trends and developments in the area(s) of instructional responsibility and occupational awareness of applicable credentialing and certification(s).
- Collaborate with faculty, staff, and community in accordance with the core values of West Shore Community College.
- Involvement in local college community advisory teams in accordance with Carl D. Perkins Act guidelines and obligations.
- Engagement with industry and students in the development of internships.
- Meet other contractual obligations as spelled out in the West Shore Community College Instructional Agreement.
- Masters or higher in Marketing, Management, or an MBA (with emphasis in Marketing or Management) from an accredited college; OR Masters in related field with 18 credits in marketing and/or management or equivalent tested experience.
- Community College teaching experience in Marketing and/or Management/Leadership.
- Demonstrated success in teaching/developing online or blended/hybrid courses.
- Five years non-teaching tested work experience in the field.
- Experience partnering and collaborating with Business & Industry professionals and application to the workforce readiness of students.
- Experience supervising student organizations.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Management, or Business Administration with active plan in place to complete a Master’s Degree within a negotiated time frame.
- Ability to teach using a variety of educational technologies such as online and/or blended/hybrid courses.
- Demonstrated commitment to the comprehensive community college philosophy.
- Minimum of two years non-teaching tested work experience in the field.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work and build positive relationships with community members, students, faculty, and administration.
- Proven ability to work with and teach students from diverse backgrounds.
Salary range: $44,840 - $84,612, commensurate with qualifications/experience. Salary is accompanied by a complete benefit package.
West Shore Community College is a small, rural institution located in a beautiful “four-season” recreational area near the shore of Lake Michigan and serves a multi-county district. The College is uniquely positioned with beautiful facilities; up-to-date technology; and no debt. West Shore Community College offers a comprehensive general education curriculum designed to meet the needs of students seeking certification, employment, and/or transfer to senior institutions. WSCC offers a student centered and team-based atmosphere with a staff dedicated to excellence in serving students’ learning needs. Collegial and interdisciplinary relationships are expected of all WSCC employees. Visit our website at http://www.westshore.edu for more information.
Application requirements: For best consideration submit the following materials by March 23, 2017, to our online portal at https://my.westshore.edu/ICS/Employment/. Initial screening will begin March 24 and continue until the position is filled:
- West Shore Community College application
- Letter of application specifically addressing the areas of responsibility and qualifications (above)
- Unofficial transcripts (official will be necessary if interview is offered)
West Shore Community College is a drug-free employer and the final offer will be contingent on drug testing.
West Shore Community College is an equal opportunity employer.