Executive Assistant, Office of the President
Rowan-Cabarrus Community College is seeking a full-time Executive Assistant, Office of the President. This position reports to the Office Manager in the Office of the President. The Executive Assistant position provides direct administrative support to the President and the College’s Governance, Foundation, and Public Information operations.
Position responsibilities will include providing support by preparing meeting agendas and minutes, managing calendars, and coordinating travel. The position will also support College and Foundation special projects and prepare, review, revise and distribute a variety of routine correspondence as needed.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides front-facing administrative support in the Office of the President by greeting guests, answering phones, and coordinating with colleagues to ensure the office is staffed at all times.
- Performs a variety of administrative activities, which may include: making travel arrangements, scheduling and coordinating meetings or events; preparing meeting agendas and transcribing meeting minutes; planning and coordinating schedules; and managing calendars.
- Prepares, reviews and/or processes a variety of routine correspondence.
- Processes, receives, sorts and distributes a variety of correspondence and mail.
- Assists the President, Director of Governance, Foundation Operations and Office Manager in preparations for the monthly Board of Trustees meetings and weekly meetings with College leadership.
Associate’s degree and two (2) years of experience providing administrative support to an organizational executive; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
- Preferred administrative assistant experience.
- Excellent communication (written, oral, and nonverbal) skills and ability to work effectively with a diverse group of people.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in communications.
- Ability to efficiently work in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated self-motivation, proactive work ethic, and strong follow-through skills.
- Attention to detail. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel and the ability to multitask.
- Willingness to become proficient in additional software as needed.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of: customer service principles; basic principles and practices in assigned area of responsibility; modern office procedures, methods and equipment; basic filing and record keeping principles; English language, grammar and punctuation; data review techniques; computers and related software applications.
- Skill in: composing routine correspondence, memos, forms and/or other related information; maintaining files and databases; providing customer service; proofreading and editing documents; processing and reviewing data; prioritizing work; interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc.
- Political and social sensitivity; excellent technical skills; strong organizational skills; ability to maintain confidentiality.