Research Analyst (F/T), CFRE40952RP
Reporting to Director of Research & Analytics, provide research and analytics to support compliance, accreditation, planning, academic affairs and student affairs. Working with IT, support institutional data needs, data governance and system integrity. Apply practical statistical testing and modeling skills to resolution of problems in partnership with stakeholders in various areas. Provide timely, relevant and actionable data and high-impact analytics through close collaboration with different functional areas. Work independently and in teams on projects involving considerable details, complexity and accuracy under stringent deadlines.
Position Title: Research Analyst (F/T), CFRE40952RP
Duties of Position:
- Provide data services to a wide audience across the institution by accessing available data sources, extracting and transforming data in different shapes and forms, summarizing information according to specifications and distributing to all effective channels.
- Assume part of the workload of annual compliance submissions to ICCB (Illinois Community College Board), IPEDS (Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System), HLC (Higher Learning Commission) and other agencies, and quickly become familiar with the mandated specifications, procedures, definitions and scripts.
- Support the use of dashboards and reports on the Data Warehouse (DW) and Business Intelligence (BI) platform developed by a 3rd party vendor. Based on system development planning, work closely with IT on business requirements, data definition, dashboard/reporting design specification and user support.
- Maintain Research Office work request website and database to ensure stated service level and turn-around cycles, and develop a mechanism to categorize and prioritize jobs.
- Gain in-depth understanding of enterprise data systems (Datatel, ODS, WEBI, etc.), databases, and location and purpose of historical and published information, in order to effectively access, extract and assembly data and information to support institutional needs.
- Maintain the Research Office Database and develop processes to populate the Database according to planning, research and analytics needs.
- Develop and maintain department team site with a document library structure for effective information archiving and distribution.
- Support data and information needs, under the guidance of the Director, in response to board inquires, FOIA, governmental and regulatory inquiries, accreditation and external agencies.
- Support research projects (typically program review, learning outcome assessment, nursing accreditation, CTE compliance, etc.) by preparing specific datasets and samples in collaboration with stakeholders in different areas.
- Develop and maintain processes and procedures for institutional data quality and integrity as part of the data governance initiatives.
- Prepare mailing listings, collect and process response data and assembly reports, in support to routine and ad hoc survey studies.
- Develop relationships with internal stakeholders in order to advocate for and advance best-practices in data services, data preparation and information dissemination by leveraging strong communication skills and subject matter knowledge.
- Conduct research projects and other duties as assigned by the Director.
Experience and Education:
Required: Bachelor's Degree with emphasis in data and information management in one or more of the following: computer science, social science, research methodology or statistics.
Preferred: Master's Degree with emphasis in information management, research methodology, statistics or computer science.
Required: Two to three (2-3) years working with research, analytics or data systems, preferably in a higher education setting. Experience routinely accessing and querying enterprise data using effective tools or applications. Knowledge of higher education data elements and their utilization. Knowledge of one higher education MIS or ERP system. Ability and willingness to quickly learn into new tools and technologies. Effective communication and people skills.
Preferred: Solid experience with institutional research, analytics and data management in a higher education environment. Working experience with system solutions such as SAP BO, WEBI platform, Datatel/Colleague platform, MS SharePoint and MS SQL programming, or similar experience of the above. Working knowledge of a statistical software (SPSS or R) or similar software.
Equipment & Working Conditions:
SQL Server 2008 Suite, Datatel/Colleague, SAP BO (WEBI, Information Design Tool, Dashboard Design, Data Explorer), Microsoft Office SharePoint, statistical software (SPSS or R), Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio, Word, etc.) and Adobe Acrobat.
General research office and collegial environment.
This position requires a background check and drug screen.
The student population at the college is diverse in ethnicity, gender, language, age and background. College of DuPage is an AA/EO employer and strongly encourages applications from candidates who would enhance the diversity of the College.
Department: Research & Analytics - RP
Position Type: Full time - FT
Pay Type: Salary Exempt