Supervisor - Faculty Staff Support Center, MFRN31162STFSV
Responsible for the successful operation of the Faculty and Staff Support Center, coordinating switchboard, word processing, color copy, faxing and internal billing operations with the needs of the faculty, staff and administration. Provide prompt, efficient and reliable service which meets or exceeds customer expectations; work with students, faculty and staff on a daily basis.
Position Title: Supervisor - Faculty Staff Support Center, MFRN31162STFSV
Duties of Position:
- Supervision of Faculty and Staff Support Center function and staff. Establish priorities for workflow by assigning and distributing work to be performed, including word processing and copy requests. Ensure all work performed for clients is of the highest quality and delivered in a timely manner. Train and schedule switchboard operators for full coverage of all incoming calls within established performance targets. Notify College employees of incoming fax transmissions, logging date, time, person called and extension. Follow-up as required insuring prompt delivery and notifications are maintained and requisitions are processed efficiently and accurately.
- Coordinate the campus-wide fleet copier program; perform troubleshooting assistance, training and technical support to minimize downtime, while acting as a liaison between College users and the vendor representatives at all levels. Track complex statistical data used for processing costs and evaluating future fleet needs of the College. Supervise the classified positions handling services and supply requests for all fleet units. Prepare monthly reports on copier service, volumes, downtime, etc. and make recommendations for improvement. Monitor ordering of MFD supplies. Prepare monthly chargeback for all fleet MFD locations, including electronically and manually (if required) gathering meter readings and applying appropriate usage chargebacks. Create and update chargeback data for all MFDs using standard accounting. Maintain clone databases for all MFD functions on campus allowing for recovery when necessary. Arrange for relocation and driver updates whenever fleet MFDs are involved.
- Interview prospective employees, maintain cross training and coverage, recommend hire, evaluate and administer corrective action as required. Oversee orientation and training of new staff for proper operation of all equipment and effective customer service. Provide and encourage staff development opportunities for all staff. Assist in the management of time documents and employee files.
- Assist Manager of Staff Services in testing and evaluation of equipment and software, attending seminars, workshops and demonstrations to keep abreast of the newest technologies to perform efficiently and effectively. Prepare rationales as required.
- Responsible for maintenance of color copier and networked fax machine which serves as the central fax for faculty and staff.
- Assist Manager of Staff Services with special projects and custom work.
- Implement office procedure and practices established by the Manager of Staff Services.
- Assist and advise customers (staff) on proper procedures, services available, etc. making proper referrals and recommendations.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Experience and Education:
3-5 years experience in a large business or educational environment serving multiple customers with at least 2 years in a supervisor capacity and experience operating computers, answering telephones, and dealing with people. Ability to accurately read, record and check numerical data. Must be able to adapt to performing a variety of activities, with multiple demands on time. Good organizational and communications skills. Excellent customer relations skills required.
High School Diploma with Certificate in Office Technology Information and some college level courses in business, accounting, general office management and supervision.
5 or more years experience as indicated above in a large business or educational environment working with numbers, serving multiple customers, with considerable customer service experience. At least three years experience in a supervisory position.
Associates Degree in Office Technology Information with college level courses in accounting.
Equipment & Working Conditions:
Telephone, computer network with multiple software packages, laser printers, various types of multifunctional equipment, fax, electric typewriter, calculators, adding machines, copiers, miscellaneous finishing equipment.
40 hours per week, pleasant office environment. Hours vary according to shift needs. Additional hours may be required during peak periods.
This position requires a background check and drug screen.
Department: Business Affairs - BUSAF
Position Type: Full time - FT
Pay Type: Hourly Non-Exempt