The College of Engineering at Wichita State University (WSU) is pleased to announce a search for 14 faculty positions, one of which is an Engineering Educator for the Industrial, Systems, and Manufacturing Engineering Department. These 14 positions represent the growth and commitment to increasing the depth and diversity of our already strong faculty. Wichita State University recognizes that innovation is cultivated by inclusion and seeks to foster an environment of diversity in culture, thought and experience. We strive to integrate these institutional values into all aspects of our learning, living and working community.
The Engineering Educator position is non-tenure eligible with mostly teaching responsibilities. The successful candidate will be required to teach four courses each semester from among capstone design, engineering graphics, manufacturing methods and materials, probability and statistics, work systems, information systems, and simulation. The candidate may be required to mentor and advise students, support accreditation, and participate in recruitment and retention activities in lieu of a reduced teaching load.
Candidates should have:
- Earned at least a Master’s degree in a related field and have at least 5 years of relevant industrial experience;
- Demonstrated teaching/training experience;
- Good interpersonal skills required for successful teaching;
- Commitment to diversity and ability to work with a diverse population;
- At least one degree from an institution with ABET accredited programs;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English;
- Eligibility to work in the United States. Preference will be given to candidates with evidence of effective teaching, industrial experience in project management/process improvement, laboratory development experience, and experience promoting experiential learning and/or an entrepreneurial mindset.
Applicants should submit:
(1) A cover letter,
(2) Curriculum vitae,
(3) Contact information for three professional references, and
(4) Applicant’s contact information. Applications and supporting materials should be uploaded electronically.
Review of applications will begin March 15, 2017 and will continue until the position is filled. To view the complete job description and apply, please visit https://jobs.wichita.edu
Wichita State University does not discriminate in its employment practices, educational programs or activities
on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a veteran. Retaliation against an individual filing or cooperating in a complaint process is also prohibited. Sexual misconduct, relationship violence and stalking are forms of sex discrimination and are prohibited under Title IX of the Education Amendments Act of 1972. Complaints or concerns related to alleged discrimination may be directed to the Director of Equal Opportunity or the Title IX Coordinator, Wichita State University, 1845 Fairmount, Wichita KS 67260-0138; telephone (316) 978-3187. Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a satisfactory criminal background check as required by Board of Regents policy.