Senior Software Engineer
Are you more than just a programmer? Do you eat, sleep and dream technology? Are you hungry to do more than just move bits around in the virtual world? Do you have what it takes to work with a highly skilled team of like-minded people in a fast paced environment?
IPSUMM Inc. is a dynamic and evolving company located in beautiful Portsmouth, NH. We are a leading provider of advanced electromechanical products, services and solutions with a vision to develop technologies that empower and inspire. We are currently seeking an experienced software developer to join the IPSUMM team. The successful candidate will be a self-starter with a proven track record of innovative solutions and a true love of technology. Candidates with the knowledge, experience and passion to succeed in this exciting, fast-paced environment are welcome to apply.
• Work closely with members of mechanical, electrical and software teams to design and implement new products and solutions.
• Read and interpret planning documents, existing code and supporting documentation.
• Improve existing software architectures and strategies.
• Develop high level code in Visual Basic and C# using industry best practices.
• Develop code in various proprietary robot, PLC and motion controller languages (Epson, ABB, Mitsubishi, Trio, Delta Tau, etc.).
• Debug code and implement methods to improve software performance and reliability.
• Understand and integrate new software languages and technologies quickly.
• Perform hands-on system integration testing on hardware and software modules.
• Assist with off-site machine installation and start-up.
• Maintain GIT code repositories for revision control.
• Support legacy codebase as required.
• Conduct research that tests and analyzes the feasibility, design, operation and performance of equipment, components and systems.
• Demonstrated experience is mentoring and facilitating teams with both senior and junior talent
• Track project status and communicate progress effectively to internal management and external stakeholders
• Adhere to all workplace safety laws, regulations, standards, and practices.
6+ years' of experience developing in C#, including expert knowledge of:
o UI design
Experience with Mechatronic Systems including any of the following:
o Motion Controllers
o Vision Systems
o Embedded Systems
Basic understanding of electronics including:
o Ability to read simple wiring diagrams and schematics
o I/O interfacing
o Trouble shooting techniques
o Use of a multi-meter
Experience with any of the following a plus:
o Cognex or Microscan vision systems
o Epson, ABB, Fanuc, UR or Mitsubishi robots
o Allen Bradley, Mitsubishi or Siemens PLCs
o Trio, Delta Tau, Parker or IAI motion controllers
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or work related equivalent
• 6+ years of strong software development experience in progressive roles from developer and to architect. Experience in leading complex projects from architecture, design and development working with various organization and business leader
• Self-motivated and passionate
• Embraces change
• Desire to understand the business outside of their direct role and influence
• Strong desire to learn and willingness to share what they have learned
• Willingness to explore and adopt new technologies
• Works well in teams
• Take charge attitude around your own professional development
• Business acumen to understand that business constraints may dictate technical and process constraints
As an engineering & technology company, i2i Engineering focuses on delivering flexible automation solutions to the manufacturing world using a modern and collaborative approach. Our team focuses on partnering with customers to provide technology and solutions that optimize their projects. i2i's flexible automation platform, called IRIS, meets the changing demands of manufacturers everywhere. We also offer engineering services & custom machinery modifications.
Mon, 20 Feb 2017 09:53:33 PST