Information Security Administrator
Founded in 2005, Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC) is the 31st member of the University System of Georgia. GGC is a premier 21st century liberal arts institution accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. With a current enrollment of over 12,000 students, enrollment is projected to exceed 13,000 students in 2017, including both residential and commuter students. GGC’s innovative practices, caring culture, and extremely affordable tuition are changing the game in higher education and changing the future for students at all levels, of all ages, and from all walks of life. Gwinnett County (pop. 850,000+) is home to a variety of businesses, including organizations involved in health care, education and information technology.
Information Security Administrator
Educational Technology - 4006010410
Cover Letter, Resume
Under the general direction of the CISO, the Information Security Administrator is responsible for the development and delivery of a comprehensive information security and privacy program for Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC). The scope of this program is College-wide, and includes information in electronic, print and other formats. The Information Security Administrator is to assure that the information created, acquired or maintained by GGC, and its authorized users, is applied in correspondence for its intended purpose. Ultimately, this position is to protect GGC's information and infrastructure from external or internal threats, and to assure that GGC complies with statutory and regulatory standards regarding information confidentiality, integrity and availability.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Maintains and administers computer networks and related computing environments.
- Performs data backups.
- Performs disaster recovery operations.
- Diagnoses, troubleshoots and resolves hardware, software or other network issues.
- Plans, coordinates and implements network security for hardware and software.
- Work with Support teams to ensure proper security is included in workstation, servers and devices baselines.
- Maintains applications and/or virus protection measures.
- Monitors network performance and makes adjustments, corrections and/or changes as necessary.
- Works with network and infrastructure team to solve any security related problems or make adjustments and/or improvements as needed.
- Applies the highest level technical skill and expertise or project/team leadership to highly complex projects and problems of the greatest importance to the security area.
- Demonstrates exceptional expertise in information technology, security, detailed knowledge of industry trends and regulatory mandates.
- Conducts Technical Security Assessments, such as the following:
o Vulnerability Assessments
o Penetration Testing
o Application Assessments
o Wireless Assessments
o Security Assessment and Authorizations
o Network Security Assessments
- Assists team members in implementing a comprehensive risk assessment.
- Conducts consulting, design, installation and training of multiple security products for GGC staff.
- Conducts compliance consulting services audit such as PCI DSS, PA-DSS and other relevant compliance services.
- Analyzes GGC's overall security risks and requirements.
- Designs, implements and secures highly functional networks using a comprehensive security knowledge of LAN and WAN.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SALARY: Commensurate with education and experience with excellent benefits.
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Security and/or Engineering
- At least four years of related IT experience are required. Information Technology and Security certifications are necessary for this position. The certifications may include but are not limited to:
- Certified Information Security Manager - CISM
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional - CISSP
- Certified Information Systems Auditor - CISA
- CSX - Cyber Security Professional
- Project Management Professional - PMP
- Cisco Certified Network Administrator
- Microsoft Certification(s)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge in the area of specialization with strong project/team leadership skills and/or a very high degree of specialized security expertise.
- Hands on experience with open source tools such as:
- Core Impact?
- Various scanning and network monitoring tools
- Knowledge of auditing, information security and regulatory standards best practices and assessment methodologies is an asset.
- Knowledge with Security Incident and Event Management practices and solutions.
- Solid background and experience in secure network design, system security and application security.
- Knowledge of layer 2 and 3 routing protocols.
- Knowledge of firewall technology - Checkpoint, PIX, etc.; Cisco CATOS and Native IOS; Cisco Firewall Services Modules
- Exceptional technical, logical, analytical, and problem solving skills with demonstrated ability to analyze technical information, evaluate products, services and vendors, and make recommendations
- Excellent planning, organizational, interpersonal and verbal and written communications skills
- Project management and leadership skills
- Ability to work with little or no supervision after initial briefing
- Excellent customer-service skills
- Excellent writing, technical editing and proofing skills
- Network troubleshooting skills
- Network security forensics analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiples issues and/or projects simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Critical thinking
- Service orientation
- Complex problem solving
- Judgment and decision making
- Systems analysis
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Demonstrate sound work ethics
Due to the volume of applications, applicants may not receive a reply from the College unless an applicant is selected for an interview. Review of applications will continue until positions are filled. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States and proof of eligibility will be contemporaneously required upon acceptance of an employment offer. Any resulting employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation and credit check if applicable to the position, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion. Georgia Gwinnett College, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or religion. Georgia is an open records state.
Position may require local travel. Ability to lift and carry files and materials. Ability to move from one office to another office on campus. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Applicant must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
Position may require non-standard work hours (nights and weekends).