NCE Administrative Coordinator
This position provides high level administrative support and project management support to the NCE School of Advanced Professional Programs, reporting to the School Director or his/her designee and working closely with NCE leadership and academic program leaders. The position provides unit and program level administration to ensure effective operation of academic programs, support student success, and excellence in customer service.
• Serves as primary administrative support of one or more major APP program areas, such as APP’s Language and Literacy, Learning Sciences Education, and Curriculum Studies programs;
• Contributes productively and integrally to team efforts in day-to-day operations of the school, including event support, document preparation, meeting coordination, report writing, data gathering, and general work efforts supporting NLU and NCE service projects.
• Demonstrates positive learning responses to training and develops proficient administrative support of the NLU learning management system, student-facing technology tools and University data systems (including D2L, LiveText, Banner, and others);
• Anticipates the administrative needs of program chairs in reaching out to students, addressing facilities coordination around course needs, and other time-sensitive customer services to faculty, program candidates, staff, and other external and internal stakeholders;
• Supports academic operations of NCE’s School of Advanced Professional Programs (APP); contributes productively to NCE team efforts in academic scheduling and staffing, textbook information management, and other major NCE administrative systems
• Takes notes and writes minutes for one or more College NCE or NLU committees or College initiatives
• Demonstrates versatility and a positive attitude in performing Other duties as assigned
College Degree or relevant coursework required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Minimum 5 years work experience
Demonstrated skills in MS Office (including Power Point, Excel and Word), desktop publishing and project management required.
Experience in higher education or knowledge of higher education administration preferred